18th February 2011, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Should I search for other job or should I stick with TCS with a payscale of 3.16 lakhs?

i am cse final year student and i am placed in tcs and my package is 3.16 lakhs and i am having a aggregate %age of 76 till now . Do i search for any other placerment of higher package or should join tcs only?

20th March 2011, 11:46 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I search for other job or should I stick with TCS with a payscale of 3.16 lakhs?

Congratulation for the selection in TCS. As you know TCS is one of the top
leading IT company of India. Only brilliant students like you will get placement
there.

But its good if you also try for other company. Means to say that there is nothing
wrong in giving interview even after the placement. So go and apply for the other
company's also.

Its good if you apply for the company's like

IBM

HCL

SYNTEL

WIPRO etc.

So if you get placed in such top company's also then you have many options left
where to join after engineering. So according to my suggestion just give interviews
where ever possible.
20th March 2011, 01:50 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I search for other job or should I stick with TCS with a payscale of 3.16 lakhs?

it will totally depends on you. TCS is one of the top leading IT company. you got a great opportunity to work with TCS. but if you think that you deserve more than what is giving TCS then obviously you may try for other job.

Microsoft is one company which will give more opportunity and higher pay scale than TCS. actually in TCS work load is very much high. but till the training provided by them is very good. i think best training provided by TCS for IT.

i think in this condition you should try for other good job with higher salary and in higher reputed company. if you got job in good company then you should go for that otherwise you should join in TCS.

best of luck.
20th March 2011, 03:16 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am cse final year student and i am placed in tcs and my package is 3.16 lakhs and i am having a aggregate %age of 76 till now . Do i search for any other placerment of higher package or should join tcs only?

I Think TCS Is The Best Company And You Have Got Good Salary pacakage, So, I Will Suggest You Just Continue Your Job With TCS Only, Because Tata Consultancy Services Is One Of The Key Player In IT Sector.

So, I Think You Are Luck, Because You Will Get Good Chance To Work With TCS With A Pacakge Of 3.16 Lakhs. So, I Think Its Good For You.

But If You Are Not Interested To Work With TCS And If You Think That, You Will get Good Jobs Than TCS, Then Definitely You Can Search For Another Jobs.

But, Please Join Other Company When You Will get Good Salary pacakage And More Benefit Than TCS. But I Think You Will Get Good Job And You Should Continue With Your Job And After Getting More Than 2 To 3 Years Experience, Then Try To Join For Other Companies.

In These days To Get Good Jobs Is Very Difficult Task, So If You Will Get Good Job, Then Please Continue With That, Only Leave The Company, When You Will Get Good Experience Or Good Jobs In Other Top Companies. So I Think Its Your Choice, Please Think And Then Take Final Decision.
20th March 2011, 03:22 PM
asishkumar

Quote:

In my opinon you should go for TCS in this moment.
However if are getting a chance to sit in a campus having package more than 4 lac then you can go for that.
TCS jobs are quite stable and secure as compare to other jobs.
20th March 2011, 03:42 PM
Shine_14

TCS is a very good company, I think the choice completely depends on you,
you are with one of the leading IT company in today’s scenario,
consider a fact that you are hard working and have a good percentage also I think you currently stick with the job because you will be a lot more good condition after a few months or years,

you can sure join other companies or try for them which can help you earn good salary packages,

but I think you should try for big players like, Accenture, Microsoft and this requires really good amount of knowledge and expertise and for that you have to be in the company for some more time,

also you can try for foreign projects, they definitely going to boost your packages and also your experience at the same time
so al I can suggest for now is that you stick with the company for some more time and try for more big companies after some time.
Hope you find it useful

remember one thing, a good job is hard to find but the more important thing the best job is that which makes you feel happy.
20th March 2011, 04:05 PM
shubham957

Quote:
tcs is a very good and reputed company. since you have got the chance of doing job in it, you must not leave it.
but if you are getting salary package greater than that given by tcs, then only you should think of leaving it.
otherwise tcs is the best.
20th March 2011, 05:20 PM
er.varunchawla

Quote:
hello

yes you can try further for the next job but keep in mind that you have the letter for the next job before leaving this job:::::

but consult with your parents too......

thank you.......
20th March 2011, 06:42 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Should I search for other job or should I stick with TCS with a payscale of 3.16 lakhs?

Quote:
Congratulations for being placed in TCS company. I suggest you to work in TCS and then prefer for other companies in future because of the following reasons

-> TCS is the best place for a fresher to start with no knowledge about the corporate world.

-> TCS provides good training facility where in you will be well trained in 2 yrs gap.

-> Job Security is higher in TCS when compared with other companies.

-> Good Salary for a fresher when compared with other top MNC companies.

But at the end of day its your Interest to decide if you feel like finding some better job than TCS then go ahead and explore the world
20th March 2011, 09:11 PM
rachana gala

you should have that thing in your mind that you are satisfied or not with your present work .if yes then you should continue and if not you should find out where you can get jobs in other better company with same or more amount of salary and with all the suitable facilities. If you get all the facilities you should leave present job and join the another.
20th March 2011, 11:15 PM
Abhinav1990

Quote:
well tcs alredy offers a good salary with a lots of facility....u can search but i dont think it will be good 4 any one....
21st March 2011, 12:32 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

First of all congratulation for getting selected in one of the top companies with such a good package.

Instead of leaving this job you sholud stick with it.

TCS is one of the top companies in which many freshers dream to work.

So you should not under estimate this opportunity.

Also still if you feel so that you deserve better company & package then this one then do not reject this offer before finding another good one.

And if you are able to get good offer than this one then only reject it.
21st March 2011, 12:44 AM
soumyasmruti

Location: Flat No:- 205, Omm Ville, Shree vihar, BHUBANESWAR, Orissa, India

You will get no other better company than TCS.
It has high job security, great management and best job satisfaction.
If you switch to any other company after working in TCS for 2 years you will receive the best pay package in the market then.
So TCS is the best option to start a career.
21st March 2011, 01:34 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi..
it all depends on your thought process,
tcs is an good company to start an career and you are one of lucky few to get an chance to work in it in the very starting of your career,but yes i agree the pay scale of the tcs is slightly less,
there are other companies which pay better,for example infosys pays more than the tcs but in infosys the work pressure is also more and the standard of work is also high,
also there are companies like converges which are good both good job environment and pay also,
i would suggest you that if you get an chance to work in companies like the converges its better to join it than tcs
8th May 2011, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

i am a b tech cse final year student recruited through tcs campus interview with 8.83 cg till now and also qualified GATE with rank 2380.now i m confused where to join tcs or do m tech .please suggest which is better option for me.
6th July 2011, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

Will i get chance in company like "iINFOSYS","IBM","WIPRO","TCS"?

"I have completed BSC(IT) along with GNIIT from NIIT.I have 2 years of development experience but 51% in HS. Please explain the procedure how i will get the opportunity this way or any way?? please reply soon.
@***
23rd October 2011, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

what are companies that can be switched from tcs??
2nd December 2011, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

i m cse final year student and got placed in tcs and aricent. now i m confused which one i should join??? plzz give suggestion..
19th December 2011, 07:17 AM
Unregistered

offcourse tcs/m placed in tcs dis sept... go for it
15th March 2012, 08:59 AM
kaveribiswas

Congratulation for the selection in TCS. As you know TCS is one of the top
leading IT company of India. Only brilliant students will get placement
there.

But its good if you also try for other company. Means to say that there is nothing
wrong in giving interview even after the placement. So go and apply for the other
company's also.

Its good if you apply for the company's like

IBM

HCL

SYNTEL

WIPRO etc.

Good luck...................
17th November 2014, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

I am placed in TCS and I am friend EC brabch and don't know much about programming. Most of the persons are saying that TCS is the worst company to work with. I am confused very much and I am disappointed as well as I was rejected in final H.R. round of CSC. Should I try for another company or join TCS. Please help. What would be my salary if I will switch after having 2 years of experience in TCS.
26th February 2019, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

I am from final year ECE, I got placed in TCS with a package of 3.6LPA and my is aggregate is 8.8 SGPA. There are other companies like CTS, mindtree, HCL with same package so i got struct with this confusion that should i go for mindtree or should i join TCS only?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?