24th May 2016, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

How can I approach to quit job being a Software Engineer in TCS?

Hello Everyone,
I am working in TCS as a Software Engineer. Though I have very less pay so I am planning to quit my job and search for a new job. Kindly let me know how I can tell them about my decision?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get promotion in TCS if quit job from Wipro being a System Engineer?
  2. Can I pursue MBA course being a candidate working as Software Engineer for 4 years? Is this a good approach of taking coaching for CAT Exam for 1 year to get admission for MBA in reputed college?
  3. Can I attend TCS Off-Campus Interview for Software Engineer post if rejected for Back Office post? When I can reapply for TCS Off-Campus Drive?
  4. How much CTC I will get as a Software Developer in TCS if having 4 years of work experience?
  5. Can I apply in TCS Off-Campus Drive for Assistant Software Engineer post being an MBA postgraduate?
  6. Shall I quit my software job and go for M.Tech/Government job?
  7. Shall I quit my software job and go for M.Tech/Government job?
  8. Future of M.Tech Jobs in IT industry -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What are the career options for M.Tech in Digital Communication
  10. Chances of getting a job as Software Engineer in Kerala or else where? Salary and job profile?
  11. Can I get promotion if join TCS having 2 years of experience in Girnar Software as a Programmer?
  12. Job in Air force as a Software engineer after working in a CMM as a Software engineer?
  13. Should Mechanical engineer go for TCS?
  14. Job description of System Engineer in Deloitte? Is it equivalent to Software Engineer post?
  15. Difference between software development job and software engineer?
  16. What should I do to become a software engineer after completion of B.Sc Computer Science?
  17. What is the procedure followed to got a job in Microsoft for software engineer?
  18. What procedure must I follow to be a software engineer after passing 10th?
25th May 2016, 07:29 PM
january2016

Default Re: How can I approach to quit job being a Software Engineer in TCS?

No need to tell them about the decision. Just apply for the notice period in your organisation about the job change. If you are asked about the reason for the job switch then simply mention about want to get more opportunity and career option in other organization.

This is one of the valid and common reason made by the IT employee.
So, do this. And make sure to know about the notice period duration, as after putting a notice period you need to be there in any of the organization for the period of 3 months.
26th May 2016, 12:33 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am working in TCS as a Software Engineer. Though I have very less pay so I am planning to quit my job and search for a new job. Kindly let me know how I can tell them about my decision?
It is always advisable to get a new job before you quit the current job. It is not a good idea to resign the job and search for a new job. Many of the companies prefer the candidates who are in service. So never quit your job without a new job. It is very difficult for you to demand for higher salaries if you are not in service. You can contact your HR and discuss about your issues with them to get a clear picture. If you do so you may get a chance to work in some other project or department with higher salary. It is always advisable to talk to your Manager or HR before you take any decision.
26th May 2016, 07:19 PM
samsung1992

What you need to do is to write a resignation letter to your boss or Hr and tell him that you want to switch other company.
And just mention some of the common reason for leaving the company as every employee do that.

So, you have to check that for what duration you will have to stay on the notice period and then only you can get relive from your current company.
Don't forget to give the same time duration to your next or future company.
26th May 2016, 11:41 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
It is not good to quit the current before getting a new job. Most of the companies prefer only those who having work experience and skill. The important thing is that you must give proper explanation for gap between your job. So, please don't quit your current job without find a new job.
27th May 2016, 01:05 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

TCS is a renowned MNC company and is one of the leading companies in IT. Also it has received great recognition regarding its employee welfare policy. I would personally suggest you to remain in the company instead of quitting your job and remain calm for quite a while and will definitely get increment.

However, if still you wish to quit your job, you can very much opt for it and look for a new job in any other company, there is no problem in it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?