12th February 2015, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

B.Sc or B.Tech, which is better to study Biotechnology to become Genetic Engineer? What should I study in PCB, PCM or PCMB in Higher Secondary?

Respected SIr
I would like to know the difference between B.Sc. bio technology and B.Tech biotechnology. Also, Which one should I prefer to become a Genetic Engineer?
What should I choose in 11th & 12th Science- PCB, PCM or PCMB? for each of the above mentioned (B.Sc. & B.Tech)?

13th February 2015, 12:28 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Sc or B.Tech, which is better to study Biotechnology to become Genetic Engineer? What should I study in PCB, PCM or PCMB in Higher Secondary?

There is a huge difference between b.tech and b.sc biotechnology in terms of course of studies and job scope. B.sc is theoretical based study which has a duration of 3 years while b.tech is of 4 years duration and is application based study. Hence there is more scope in b.tech than b.sc. However the scope broadens to a great extent if one pursues m.tech. Since you want to become a genetic engineer,so you should opt for b.tech course. You can choose any combination of your choice in 11th and 12th science but you must have physics, chemistry, mathematics. Having biology along with this is good and recommended as you are aspiring for biotechnology.
13th February 2015, 11:43 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Sc or B.Tech, which is better to study Biotechnology to become Genetic Engineer? What should I study in PCB, PCM or PCMB in Higher Secondary?

As you have mentioned that you want to be an Genetic Engineer therefore I would kindly suggest you to take PCMB in your as both Maths & Biology will be required to become a Genetic Engineer.

B.Tech however is much better than B.E. because of the following reason;

1. B.Tech is a professional course where B.E is a Degree course

2. Practical and theory classes is also more in B.Tech course rather than B.E. course

3. B.Tech always has more job opportunities than a B.E.
13th May 2015, 11:37 PM
amanshrivastava98

In my opinion, you should go for BE/BTech.

There is a huge difference in both the degrees BSc and BE whatever may be the subject is.

And for any kind of Engineering, you must have a combination of Physics and Maths in higher secondary as the main subjects.

With these two, you can have any other additional subject too like Biology which will help you studying.
28th July 2016, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

I have not taken mathematics but have opted for biotechnology...can I apply for b.tech in biotechnology
1st August 2016, 11:56 AM
Sri Kavya Ketagani

Biotechnology combines disciplines like genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry,embryology, cell biology, agriculture and medicine.

There is no need of Mathematics.

So,you can apply for B.Tech Biotechnology.
19th November 2017, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Is biology necessary to study in 11nth and 12th for taking biotechnology after 12th?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?