12th June 2022, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Squint eye person is eligible for IAS?

I have squint eye but my one eye is perfect but i see short blurr with my second eye.With this condition i am eligible for ias(upsc exam)

13th June 2022, 11:15 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Squint eye person is eligible for IAS?

As per the eligibility conditions (as far as vision requirement is concerned), to be eligible for final selection under Civil Services examination held by UPSC, Candidates should have a proper vision in the eyes. Corrections permitted are spectacles, CL and refractive surgery like LASIK, ICL, IOL, etc. Those who have myopia with macular degenerative changes will be declared unfit for service in the IAS. People with a squint in the eyes are fit for service. Night blindness is also not a ground for candidates to be declared unfit.

So, before aspiring to be a Civil Servant please get yourself examined at a responsible medical centre with all the physical standard requirement as provided by UPSC

For more details regarding Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
13th June 2022, 12:19 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Those who have myopia with macular degenerative changes will be declared unfit for service in the IAS.
People with a squint in the eyes are fit for service.
Night blindness is also not a ground for candidates to be declared unfit.
13th June 2022, 05:40 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Those who have myopia with macular degenerative changes will be declared unfit for service in the IAS. People with a squint in the eyes are fit for service. Night blindness is also not a ground for candidates to be declared unfit.
13th June 2022, 06:16 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes , you are eligible for IAS. People with a squint in the eyes are fit for service. Those who have myopia with macular degenerative changes will be declared unfit for service in the IAS.
13th June 2022, 07:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to appear for UPSC CSE and after qualifying in all three stages eligible for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer.

PwD ( Person with Disability ) are eligible to appear in the examination and also for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer.

For detail information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th June 2022, 11:36 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

You are partially eligible that means, you are eligible for IAS but not for IPS. You can apply as a disable candidate but your disability should be more than 40% and you must acquire a disability certificate in the prescribed format. IPS services requires a pre-defined physical standards in which you did not qualify but in IAS there is no such criteria.
14th June 2022, 03:28 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

As, there is no physical eligibility with respect to I.A.S so, you can become an I.A.S officer after qualifying in all the stages of examination.

To get information regarding examination pattern and syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th June 2022, 08:06 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

Candidates should have a proper vision in the eyes. Corrections permitted are spectacles, CL and refractive surgery like LASIK, ICL, IOL, etc. Those who have myopia with macular degenerative changes will be declared unfit for service in the IAS. People with a squint in the eyes are fit for service. Night blindness is also not a ground for candidates to be declared unfit.
14th June 2022, 11:23 PM
NeptuneSpear

Yes, you are eligible for UPSC exam. You are eligible for IAS and similar posts but not for IPS. You can also acquire benefits of physical handicapped quota if your disability covers 40% and you must have a medical certificate in the prescribed format signed by authorities which mentioned in the notification.
15th June 2022, 11:50 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as I.A.S physical eligibility is not the required criteria.

So, candidates with disability are eligible to appear for the examination and after qualifying in all the stages eligible for the final recruitment.
For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2022, 12:12 PM
Ar_pit

You are declared unfit for IAS if you have a squint. Also, you need to have binocular vision and high-grade color vision to be medically fit for IAS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?