11th June 2012, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IPS with a eye sight of 6/9 for left eye and 6/12 for right eye?

sir ,
my left eye sight is 6/9 and right is 6/12.am i fit for ips

12th June 2012, 12:11 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS with a eye sight of 6/9 for left eye and 6/12 for right eye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir ,
IPS Stands for Indian Police Services and to become IPS officer you have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination, This examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and the examination is Conducted in 2 stages, Preliminary Examination and Main examination.

To apply for this examination you have to complete your Bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized University, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination. To apply for this examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

For this year Preliminary examination was already completed and those who have missed the chance this year may apply for this examination next year, the Notification will be published soon in the month of February in the official website and in the employment Newspaper.

Eligible candidates may have to fill the application form online only.

For IPS Physical Requirements:

Height : Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Chest : Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight : 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye, J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) : Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ear : good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

If you fulfill the given eligibility then you are eligible for this examination and for more details check UPSC website.
12th June 2012, 12:56 AM
mnbgvs

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS with a eye sight of 6/9 for left eye and 6/12 for right eye?

Quote:
sir ,

Hello, friend...

• You are interested to join in the IPS, and you want How to attempt for IPS Exam ,you don't worry i am providing the ,required qualifications and more information ;.......

• This is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and the examination is divided in to three successive stages.

1. The Preliminary Examination and
2. The Main Examination.
3. Interview

Eligibility IPS exam:

• Age should be 21 years (minimum) and 30 years (maximum). SC/ST/OBC and ex-servicemen are given exemption of 3 to 5 years in maximum age limit.
• The student must be a degree holder of any recognized university.
• The final year degree students are also applying for the examination.
• Who have completed their M.B.B.S.,can also apply.

Physical qualification for IPS:

Height:

• For male should be 165cm and female should be 150cm for general category candidates.
• In the case of under SC/ST/OBC the height required is 160cm for male and 145cm for female.

Chest:

• Minimum male candidates are 84cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm.
• In the case of female candidates the minimum requirement is 79cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm.

Eye sight:

• 6/12 or 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. Near vision for worse eye is J2 and for good eye is J1.
• The physical standards are weekly run for 10kms in 60 minutes.

Preliminary Examination:

• In this have multiple choice questions and this is also a qualifying for second exam.

Main Examination:

• In this you have a written exam and an interview.

No of attempts:

• General category 4 times,
• OBC 7 times
• SC/ST no limit.

Syllabus for IPS Exam:

The examination is conducted in three stages,

• Preliminary examination,
• Main examination and
• Interview.

The preliminary examination is divided into two papers they are general studies and optional subject.

• Follow link:http://ips-exam.com/syllabus-for-ips-exam/#more-21

All the best.
12th June 2012, 01:45 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Yes you are eligible for the IPS exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. This exam conducted by the union public service commission once in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

the candidate should have nationality of india.

The candidate should have complete the graduation from any recognized university.

The final year candidates are eligible for this exam.

There is no minimum percentage required to eligible for this exam.

The age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.

The obc candidates age relaxation is 21 to 33 years.

The sc/st candidates age relaxation is 21 to 35 years.

Both male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.

Physical Standard:

Weight- 165 cms

Chest- 84 cms and expansion is 5 cms

Eye sight- 6/6 and 6/9

SELECTION PROCESS:

Civil Service Aptitude Test

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Interview

for more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
12th June 2012, 04:01 AM
guruvana244

Quote:
sir ,

If after wearing specs your eyes are 6/6.

There is no problem with -6 number.

Indian Administration Service exam is held once in year is conducted by UPSC

Minimum Eligibility for IAS/IPS exam

Minimum Qualification

1.Graduated from recognized university in any discipline.
2.final year student can also apply.

Age should be between

21 to 30 years for General category candidates
21to 33 year for OBC category candidates
21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

Number of attempts:

4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
14 attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

There are 3 stages in IAS that should be cleared by the candidate.

first one is preliminary exam (it is objective type exam)
second is main exam (Question to be answer in length)
third is personal interview

Clearing one will get you to another level exam.

2nd May 2014, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

sir i have an eye sight of -6 am i eligible for ips if so tell me what should i have to do .currently am doing my b.e. second year
26th June 2015, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

My eye sight is 6/6(right) and 6/12(right) even am wearing specs.but my right eye get 6/6 without specs.there is only problem with my left eye .can me become an IPS officer?
19th July 2019, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

My eyesight is 6/9 in both eyes with glass and my spectacle number is 3.0. Am i eligible for ips exam
23rd July 2019, 02:27 AM
Deepanshu3010

Quote:
sir ,
IPS is Indian Police services, then for this one has to apply for the UPSC examination.Eyesight For IPS is 6/6 for good eye or 6/9 for worst eye.
12th August 2020, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

I have done MA in public administration. I Wants to be appear in upsc exam , but my right eye is too weak (6/60) and right eye is 6/9 so please tell me Am i eligible for upsc or not.if yes so what is the criteria or some reservations to me..thank you
Nandini
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?