18th January 2019, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

Steps to become an Indian Engineering Services Officer for 10th student?

Hi Sir/Madam,I am studying in 10th standard and currently preparing for the Board exam. I want to prepare for UPSC Indian Engineering Services. I would like to know about the steps through which I can become an Indian Engineering Services Officer. Kindly help me!

27th January 2019, 11:28 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an Indian Engineering Services Officer for 10th student?

To become IES Officer, you need to qualify IES Exam conducted by UPSC.

As you are in 10th standard now, so now after passing 10th standard you will have to choose Science stream (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) in 11th and 12th standard.

After 12th standard, you will have to complete graduation in engineering. Note that CS/IT stream candidates are not eligible for IES exam. So, you must choose any other stream of engineering.

In the final year of graduation, you can apply for IES conducted by UPSC every year.

After qualifying IES exam, you will become IES Officer.
28th January 2019, 04:36 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an Indian Engineering Services Officer for 10th student?

To become an I.E.S officer you have to appear for the examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in technology or bachelor in engineering.

So, after 10th you will have to pursue diploma/12th and then B.Tech/B.E for appearing in I.E.S recruitment examination.

For detail information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th January 2019, 01:23 PM
Meg24

Indian engineering service is conducted annually by UPSC and is considered one of the toughest exams of India .
After 10th you are need to complete 10+2 with PCM stream and complete engineering in any stream other than CS/IT.
You can apply for the exam after the age of 21.
29th January 2019, 01:40 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Candidates pursuing in 10th are not eligible to appear for I.E.S examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must possess B.Tech or B.E degree and age must be between 21-30 years.

The examination is conducted in various stages and candidates have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection in the service. So, you require the above qualification to appear for the examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?