2nd January 2019, 07:26 AM
Unregistered

Steps to become a Mathematics Professor for 12th Science student?

Dear Sir/Madam, I am studying in 12th standard with Science stream. My aim is to become a Mathematics Professor. I would like to know about the steps through which I can achieve my aim. Kindly let me know about the steps asap.

8th January 2019, 10:51 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Steps to become a Mathematics Professor for 12th Science student?

To become a professor (lecturer) in Mathematics in any recognised college, you are required to have completed your master's degree in Mathematics with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH category.

Once, you satisfy the above mentioned educational qualification, you are required to qualify examinations like NET/SET for your recruitment as assistant professor across colleges affiliated to recognised universities.

For more details regarding NET, you can refer to the link www.nta.ac.in while for details regarding SET/SLET, you can refer to the official link of concerned examination body.
9th January 2019, 12:15 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

It will take long to become Professor for you as the minimum required eligibility to appear for the CSIR NET is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university.

There is no age limit to appear for the examination. So, you will have to complete the master degree course and then become eligible to appear for NET examination and after qualifying in it will become eligible for recruitment as professor.
10th January 2019, 12:47 PM
RobertWilson01

If you want to become a mathematics professor. For this, First of all, you need to complete your master degree in Mathematics from a recognized university. Secondly, you need to qualified CSIR NET exam for the professor post. You can also ask your tutor for more information about, your maths teacher can guide you well.
16th February 2020, 04:49 PM
ericsmith

After your graduation you need to do specialization in the field of Mathematics and meanwhile start online math tutoring part time. Check websites that provide online tutoring and start your internship with them. Check Pasxcel, they offer internships as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?