26th March 2013, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Which stream do I have to choose to become a Lawyer?

which stream we have to choose to become an lawyer?...please tel me

Related Questions:
10th June 2013, 03:27 AM
Avi-sena

Default Re: Which stream do I have to choose to become a Lawyer?

To become a lawyer after the intermediate level study you have to complete the graduation. You are having the option of science , commerce or arts.you can select any one of them for your graduation, or you can go for the 5 year plan of graduation with the degree of LLB.
Many colleges and university provides the dual degree plan.

I am providing the list of colleges and universities providing the LLB course:-

[1]-Lovely Professional university,Punjab

[2]-Amity law college

[3]-Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Professional Studies

[4]-Government law college,Mumbai,INDIA
www.glcmumbai.com

[5]-ILS law college PUNE, India
www.nujs.edu/

[6]-New Law Acadmy, PUNE,INDIA
www.nlapune.org
10th June 2013, 09:55 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.................

Eligibility criteria for become an Lawyer

>> B.A. L.L.B: This is a 5-year course and the students can pursue this course after passing Class 12.

>> L.L.B.: This is a 3-year course, open for graduates.

>> L.L.M.: This is a postgraduate course in Law. The duration of the course is 2year. Students can pursue this course after completing B.A. L.L.B. or L.L.B.

>> In addition to LL.B. degree, many universities and institutes also offer other diploma courses in several disciplines of law, including Administrative Law, International Law, Labor Laws, Tax Laws and Corporate Laws

Examination Pattern

In the majority of the institutes/universities, selection is on the basis of an entrance exam. The examination is usually objective type in nature. The examination pattern covers questions on areas such as :-

>> Reasoning

>> General Awareness

>> Legal Aptitude

>> Numerical Aptitude

>> Political Science (Preliminary)
10th June 2013, 12:51 PM
monis2092

Take something practical, like a business major. You will have opportunities when you graduate, in case you decide against law school, and you should be able to earn a high GPA.
In fact, your major subject would not be bothering with your degree program. You can be from any study background. What is important is your GPA in School and that will determine how you would be moving in to any law school.
The undergraduate degree is the first step in the process.
once the undergraduate degree is obtained, or perhaps even before it is obtained, students must take the LSAT in order to be accepted into law school.
and LSAT is:-
The Law School Admission Test (LSAT) is a half-day standardized test administered four times each year at designated testing centers throughout the world.
GOOD LUCK
10th June 2013, 12:52 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become a Lawyer, one has to complete LL.B.(Bachelor of Law) which can be pursed in two ways- One after 12th standard for 5 years and another after Graduation for 3 years.

There is no specific stream to take in order to complete 12th or Graduation to purse LL.B.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream with 50% marks from a recognised Board within the age of 20 years, can apply for 5 years LL.B. Degree.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream with 40% marks from a recognised University within the age of 30 years, can apply for 3 years LL.B. Degree.
10th June 2013, 01:17 PM
P.Swasthika jain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi...
To become a lawyer, you have do graduate degree as B.A B.L so for that in your higher secondary course i.e in 11 th std you have to select History,commerce,economics so it will be easy for your higher studies...then score good marks in your higher sec exam then join in the good college... All the best...hope your dreams become true
10th June 2013, 03:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Any stream student can apply for Law courses after 10+2. So you can opt for any stream if you have passed 10th class recently.

There is 5 years BA LLB course after 10+2 and you have to appear for entrance to get admission into some top college

50% marks in 10+2 is the minimum criteria that is required to appear for the entrance examination. So get at least 50% marks in 10+2.

CLAT which stands for Common Law Admission Test is conducted for admission into top Law Universities of India.

One can also join Law course after Graduation in any stream. The law course after Graduation will be of 3 years duration.

Some of the top Law Universities of India are:

-National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)

-National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad

-National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)

-The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)

-National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)

-Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)

-Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)

-Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)

-Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)

-Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)

-National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)

-National Law University, Odisha (NLUO)

-National University of Study 6 Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)

-National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA
10th June 2013, 06:01 PM
krutika14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
look if u truly want to become a lawyer do arts
10th June 2013, 06:14 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I am assuming that you are still in school. Therefore the answer would be that you can choose any stream any subjects you like to become lawyer. There is no need to choose certain subjects to become lawyer.

There are two procedures to become lawyer. You can take the 5 years integrated course after 12th or complete graduation and later apply for the 3 years LLB course.

In my opinion first option is better. It will save you one year. You should complete 12th and apply for the integrated LLB course.

It will be a combination of bachelor degree which can be BA, B.Com, B.Sc etc and the LLB course. This is the reason why the course is 5 years long.

To apply for the integrated LLB course you will have to clear the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) which is conducted once a year. You become eligible for the Common Law Admission Test after clearing the 12th standard.

CLAT Eligibility

1. You should finish 12th from a recognized board.

2. Min marks should be 45 percent in the course.

3. 5 percent relaxation for the SC and ST.

4. Your age should be less than 20 years to apply.

5. There is 2 years relaxation for SC/ST/PWD.

Exam Pattern

English including Comprehension

General Knowledge/ Current Affairs

Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)

Legal Aptitude

Logical Reasoning
20th March 2014, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

What should one opt for in class 11 if one wats to do law? Commerce or arts?
24th May 2014, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Which stream is best to become an incometax or a criminal lawyer?commerce with maths or arts? Please reply soon as possible because from monday admissions will ne start.
24th May 2014, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Which stream is best to become an incometax or a criminal lawyer?commerce with maths or arts? Please reply soon as possible because from monday admissions will ne start.
7th October 2014, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Can someone give me More info about CLAT?
8th May 2015, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose after 10th to become lawyer
13th June 2016, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

I want to ask after doing LLB what type of advocate we can be and 5 years is better than 3 years
13th June 2016, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

I want to ask after completing LLB what kind of advocate we are and Is 5 years is better than 3 years
25th March 2017, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

I have passed the madhyamik examination by 60% marks and I wish to be an criminal lawyer in future. Sir, please can you help me to choose the right stream for it? please......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?