21st April 2019, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Which stream in Intermediate will be helpful for Loco Pilot job?

Which subject (Science or Commerce) I have to take to get job in railway driver (Loco Pilot) and what I have to do after I complete my 12th class board exams?

28th April 2019, 02:08 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream in Intermediate will be helpful for Loco Pilot job?

Science stream with Physics and Mathematics will be much helpful for you if you looking to become Loco Pilot in near future.

While going through training of Loco pilot, you can easily grasp concepts and basics of Engine. Physics and Mathematics will help you alot in understanding mechanism of railway engines.

Minimum age to apply for Loco pilot job is 18 years.

Selection for locopilot is based on Written exam followed by Personal Interview.
30th April 2019, 07:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who want to become Loco Pilot in future needs to select Science stream with Physics and Mathematics or pursue diploma in engineering course. The age criteria for the exam is 18-28 years.

Railway Recruitment Board conducts exam for Loco Pilot. You need to apply for that exam and crack it.
30th April 2019, 08:10 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you want to be a Loco Pilot then you have to pursue Intermediate from Science stream having Physics, Chemistry and Maths as main subject.
You must have a technical degree (ITI, Diploma etc.) along with Intermediate degree from a recognized board/university.
Age limit- 18 years to 28 years.
You must have scored at least 60% aggregate in 12th.
For OBC- 55% aggregate and for SC/ST- 50% aggregate marks required.
30th April 2019, 08:19 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Loco Pilot examination:

1. Academic qualification required is 12th in science stream or diploma in engineering. In science stream, Mathematics and Physics are necessary subjects.

2. The age criteria is 18-28 years.

You can select science stream in intermediate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?