1st November 2015, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I take after my plus two education to become an astronaut in NASA?

Which stream should I take after my plus two education to become an astronaut in NASA? Is there possibility for becoming an astronaut in NASA or not if we study in India? Can you please give me the complete information on the same?

Thank you!

2nd November 2015, 08:00 AM
skhawking

Default Re: Which stream should I take after my plus two education to become an astronaut in NASA?

Hello dear,
NASA stands for National Aeronautics and Space Administration. It is the national space research agency of USA.So mainly people having Course done with Astrophysics,Aeronautical engineering, space and research engineering, etc get chances to work to NASA.
But there are also so many options that you have to get admitted in NASA. You can also complete engineering with CSE branch to et admitted their because there is a huge demand in NASA for computer software engineers to look over the Space missions from control room.
So,you can log on to NASA's jobs page for more details.
Best of luck!
2nd November 2015, 12:08 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which stream should I take after my plus two education to become an astronaut in NASA?

To join the NASA as a Astronaut you should join the Aeronautical or Aerospace stream in the Graduation for this you have to qualify the entrance of either JEE Main or JEE Advanced exam and then have to apply for the online counselling where you will be allotted a college for the Graduation and after the Graduation in any of these stream you can apply for the NASA space research center.

Colleges for this course in India are-

>> Sri Ramkrishana engineering collage, Coimbatore

>> Tagore engineering collage, Kancheepuram

>> Nehru institute of engineering and technology, Coimbatore

>> Jaya engineering collage, Thirunindavur

>> JJ collage of engineering and technology, Vellore

>> Karpagam institute of technology, Coimbatore

>> Anna University, Chennai

>> Jeppiaar engineering collage, Kacheepuram

>> Rajlakshmi collage of engineering, Kacheepuram

>> Park collage of engineering and technology, Coimbatore

>> Hindustan collage of engineering and technology,Coimbatore

>> I.I.T. (Mumbai)

>> I.I.T. (Kanpur)

>> I.I.T. (Madras)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?