6th August 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

How to become an Astronaut in NASA?

please sir, tell me i am very keen interesting to become an astronaut in nasa and know about whole space. please sir aware me in detail.

22nd August 2012, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become an Astronaut in NASA?

I am studying aerospace engineering , so after my B.E in aerospace what is the procedure for me to get into ISRO or NASA? pls reply sir
22nd August 2012, 11:54 PM
anchitsuri2006
Member+

Basic requirements for an Astronaut Pilot include the following:

1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in engineering, biological science, physical science, or mathematics. An advanced degree is desirable. Quality of academic preparation is important.

2. At least 1,000 hours pilot-in-command time in jet aircraft. Flight test experience is highly desirable.

3. Ability to pass a NASA space physical which is similar to a military or civilian flight physical and includes the following specific standards:
Distant visual acuity: 20/100 or better uncorrected, correctable to 20/20 each eye.
Blood pressure: 140/90 measured in a sitting position.
Height between 62 and 75 inches.
Best of luck.
4th November 2012, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

is it enough to become astronaut after 12 and is aieee enough
27th November 2012, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

yes aieee is more than enough! you are selected! please join us! NASA
15th December 2012, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

Sir I AM IIT QUALIFIED AND NOW JOIN MARINE ENGINEERING 2ND YEAR
..I WANT TO JOIN NASA THEN WHTS CAN I DO.?
15th December 2012, 11:20 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to become an Astronaut in NASA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
please sir, tell me i am very keen interesting to become an astronaut in nasa and know about whole space. please sir aware me in detail.
Hi

NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration.

This is basically an organization in USA where they work for the research and development of Space and Aeronautical researches and missions. So there are a group of top scientists from all over the world who are highly paid and have brilliant brains.

Firstly you have to make sure you are mentally prepared in your mind about the hard work which is required for the same.

The Eligibility says that you should be a minimum post graduate in respective technical subjects like Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Mechanical, etc. and then apply for the jobs there..
They would contact you back if they thing that your qualification and these research work is up to their level and you can be of any use to them..

But its really not always possible to be a part of NASA or any other big Space Organization in the world. Thus it would be very nice if you can get through.
CLICK HERE to visit the NASA Official website.

Please know that IIT's are the best possible colleges from where you can get recruited in the NASA. So try your best to take admission in these colleges and then do your M.Tech also. The more you study and gain specialization the better you would get with time and the greater chances you would have to get in there..

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
26th December 2012, 10:04 AM
umang_28
Senior Member+

Dear friend ,

NASA stands for National Aeronautics and Space Administration.

If you want to to become an astronaut in NASA , following requirements are necessary :

*Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in engineering, biological science, physical science, or mathematics. An advanced degree is desirable. Quality of academic preparation is important.

*Minimum 1,000 hours pilot-in-command time in jet aircraft. Flight test experience is highly desirable.

3. Ability to pass a NASA space physical which is similar to a military or civilian flight physical and includes the following specific standards:
Distant visual acuity: 20/100 or better uncorrected, correctable to 20/20 each eye.
Blood pressure: 140/90 measured in a sitting position.
Height between 62 and 75 inches.

best of luck.

umang_28

8th January 2013, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 10. what should i do to become an astronaut. which subjects i should choose in class 11.
3rd June 2013, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

i am doing b.tech in marine eng. Sir can you tell me how i can join NASA and become a astronaut..
19th September 2013, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NASA after B.Tech. 3rd year with Mechanical ENgineering?
14th November 2013, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

if sme one want to become an astronaut nd they want to travel in space in that case if a person have power in eyes they ll allow to go in space or not....???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?