31st March 2017, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

Which stream and subjects should I opt in 11th to become a Sub Inspector?

Hello sir, I am studying 10th and my ambition is to join Police and then become a Sub Inspector. Which stream and subjects should I opt in 11th to become a SI?

31st March 2017, 07:05 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream and subjects should I opt in 11th to become a Sub Inspector?

Eligibility criteria for Sub Inspector examination:

1. Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. You can select stream of your choice either science or arts or commerce because candidates who have done bachelor's degree or 12th in any stream is eligible for SI entrance exam.

2. Generally age limit is 20-25 years, in some states, it is 20-30 years. Upper age relaxation is given to reserved category candidates.

3. There is written test, interview and physical test for final selection.
31st March 2017, 07:36 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream and subjects should I opt in 11th to become a Sub Inspector?

For recruitment as Sub Inspector in Delhi Police or in CAPF ( Central Armed Police Force ) you have to appear and qualify in SSC SI CAPF examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must hold bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit is between 20-25 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to pursue any stream in 11th or even in bachelor degree to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages Paper I, Medical and Paper II.

For more details about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
31st March 2017, 08:21 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

About Sub Inspector:

In Indian Police System, Sub Inspector is a post which is posted in Thana of a district.

State government conduct entrance exam for selection of candidates as Sub Inspector.

Eligibility criteria:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree from a UGC recognized university.

Age criteria: 20-30 years.

All stream candidates of 12th and bachelor's degree are eligible for Sub Inspector exam. If you are interested in science then you can opt for this stream.
31st March 2017, 08:27 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

SI stands for Sub Inspector and for recruitment as SI in different state entrance examination is conducted by State SSC body while for recruitment in Delhi and CISF candidates have to appear for SSC SI CISF examination.

The eligibility to appear for SSC SI CISF which will be conducted in June ( first stage ) is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 20-25 years.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree or in 12th to appear for examination.
31st March 2017, 09:10 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic qualification required for Sub Inspector examination is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for entrance exam of Sub inspector. The entrance exam is not stream specific. It means that candidates from all stream are eligible for Sub Inspector exam.

You can select any stream of your choice in 11th. After 10+2, you need to pursue bachelor's degree in desired discipline to apply for entrance exam of Sub Inspector.
31st March 2017, 10:23 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Minimum education required for Police Sub Inspector is a bachelor's degree in Arts, Commerce or Science.
You should score minimum 50% marks from a recognized university/Institute.

So, now you may opt any option as per above educational interest.
31st March 2017, 10:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree and even of 12th to appear for entrance examination for recruitment as Sub Inspector in State Police Department, CAPFs etc.

For recruitment in State Police you have to appear and qualify in State SSC while for CAPF candidates have to qualify in SI CISF examination conducted by SSC.

The common eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline with passing aggregate from a recognised university.

The age limit varies with examination and there is also relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.
31st March 2017, 10:39 PM
kachhadiyasarika
Member+

You can choose any stream to become a Sub-Inspector of Police.

SI Eligibility
- You must be citizen of India.
- You must be graduate in any discipline.
- Your age must not be more than 28 years.
- You must be physically fit.

Selection
- Written Test
- Physical Standard Test
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Interview

Written Test Syllabus
- General Knowledge
- Hindi
- Reasoning
- Law/Constitution
- Mental Ability

Physical Standard Test
Height : Minimum 168 cms For Men and 152 for Female
Chest : Minimum 79-84 cms for Men
Weight : Minimum 40 KGS

Physical Efficiency Test
- Race
- Long Jump
- High Jump
31st March 2017, 11:52 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to become a Sub-Inspector then, you have to pursue your 11th and 12th standard in any stream from a Government recognised board and after that, you can pursue Bachelor's degree course in any discipline of your interest.

You need to appear in the examination conducted by your respective state public service commission and qualify the examination, attend the interview to get job as a Police Sub-Inspector.
1st April 2017, 12:06 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue from any stream Science, Arts, Commerce etc. There is no any restriction in stream selection. You can opt as per your desire. After completing graduation you need to qualify exam under UDC.
1st April 2017, 12:27 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Candidates passed the bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for examination for recruitment as SI in police department.

There is no specific limitation on discipline to appear for examination. Also, the age limit to appear for examination varies with different examination ( SSC, State SSC ).

So, you are not bound to pursue any particular stream in 11th to appear for examination.

Candidates have to qualify in written, physical fitness and interview test for final selection.
29th March 2018, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

I want to become to police inspector and I am pursuing class 10 right now but I can't understand what I study for police inspector after finish my board exam then
20th May 2018, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Hello! actully, I am recently passed out from 12th standard commerce and i am interseted to become a sub inspector i want to know which subject i choose in college? And I also need full detail that what are the things I want to do for became a sub inspector
5th June 2019, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

What percentage needed for CBSE school girl in class 11th and 12 to became a police officer
21st August 2019, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Which group to take in 11th to become. A cisf officer CBSE
7th February 2020, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Can i choose commerce for become IPS
4th April 2020, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I choose commerce for become IPS officer
17th July 2020, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

I want to now which book is the best book for SI prepreson
30th July 2020, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

I have taken commerce, accounts, economics&computer application in my 11th STD is these subjects are prefect too become a police officer. Pls help me I'm so confused with this...
31st July 2020, 04:20 PM
doctor sahiba
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have taken commerce, accounts, economics&computer application in my 11th STD is these subjects are prefect too become a police officer. Pls help me I'm so confused with this...
Yes, you are eligible. For becoming police officer, you can opt for any stream in class 11th and 12th. The subjects don't matter. Then you have to do graduation in any discipline from a recognized university in order to be eligible for the exam. You have to pass the written exam,interview, and also you have to be physically and mentally fit for selection.
So, the subjects/stream doesn't matter.
31st July 2020, 06:51 PM
jiltoappu

Unhappy Re: Which stream and subjects should I opt in 11th to become a Sub Inspector?

Eligibility criteria for Sub Inspector examination:

1. Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. You can select stream of your choice either science or arts or commerce because candidates who have done bachelor's degree or 12th in any stream is eligible for SI entrance exam
31st July 2020, 09:05 PM
Arpitdongre

Hi dear,
For becoming SI there is no any restriction for subjects selection in 11th you can opt any stream
But the thing is that for appearing in si exam you have to complete your graduation in any field.
Good luck
8th August 2020, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Can i become a police officer without taking math in commerce? On which post?
7th November 2020, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Which book is thr best book in SI exam
2nd January 2021, 07:11 AM
Unregistered

Which subject should I study for SI written exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?