25th August 2013, 12:51 AM
seerat fatima

Which subject to choose for MSc? I have passed my BSc exam

i have passed my B.Sc exams recently
now i am in big trouble regarding to my higher education
i cant choose a subject so that i continue my studies
my subject in B.Sc are chemistry ,botany and zoology
i have three options to take admission in following subjects biochemistry ,botany and zoology
now please tell me what should i do
which subject has more scope
thanks

30th September 2016, 08:10 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to choose for MSc? I have passed my BSc exam

All three disciplines which you have mentioned here are good. In present scenario, you must go for Master's degree in Zoology as it has more job opportunities in coming years and career scope.

*You can apply for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship after master's degree in Zoology. You must have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree.

*You can get private jobs in veterinary firms, research projects, Zoos, Aquariums etc.

*You can also apply for Indian Forest Services exam for the most reputable job and career. You can also apply for Banking exams, railway exams etc.
2nd October 2016, 12:14 AM
Madison.

Default Re: Which subject to choose for MSc? I have passed my BSc exam

The subject options you have biochemistry, botany and zoology all the three subjects are having good prospects in jobs sector both government and private. My suggestion would be that you choose biochemistry or zoology as per your interest and comfort zone.

Master in Biochemistry will fetch you good prospects and there are several good colleges and universities which offers a variety of specialization in biochemistry.

Career options after MSc in Biochemistry are-

Many of the biotech industries hire M.Sc Biochemistry as entry level production managers, quality control people and some as entry level research assistants.

The candidates of biochemistry has a chance of securing government jobs in various sectors like agriculture and fishery department, pollution control department,public health entries,government hospital, blood unit centers,forensic department,social welfare board. Apart from this sectors you can also apply for banks and other public service commission exams.

Biochemists are also highly demanded in several pharmaceutical firms, food industries and agro chemical companies.

After your M.Sc if you can do a P.hD in Biochemistry you can go for scientist jobs as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?