20th January 2012, 09:03 PM
Priya choudhari

Which subject to choose for SET? I am doing BSc in Biotechnology

Hii..am Priya...doing BSc in Biotechnology..nw in Second year...Wish to do..Msc in same...Will u plz Guide me abt the SET exam...wht subject i hv to choose for.SET..i like Botony ,zoology. Microbiology and Genetics to teach...so which subject i hv to choose for SET..plz Guide...

24th January 2012, 01:28 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to choose for SET? I am doing BSc in Biotechnology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priya choudhari View Post
Hii..am Priya...doing BSc in Biotechnology..nw in Second year...Wish to do..Msc in same...Will u plz Guide me abt the SET exam...wht subject i hv to choose for.SET..i like Botony ,zoology. Microbiology and Genetics to teach...so which subject i hv to choose for SET..plz Guide...
Biotechnology is not included as a separate subject but is one of the topics in the Life Sciences and having done your masters in biotechnology, you will have to appear for Life Sciences as you major subject. This is applicable for both NET-National Eligibility Test as well as SLET-State Lectureship Eligibility Test.
Apart from holding a masters degree, its mandatory to qualify the masters degree examination with a minimum of 55% marks for candidates belonging to general category and 50% in case of Sc/St category.
SET/SLET is conducted on state level by a particular university, under the regulation of University Grant Commission, of each state and therefore, you must refer to the official website of that university for further information.
24th January 2012, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Achha...Thank u for suggestion...SO will u plz guide me more ..After taking Life science for SET or NET...and after passing it...is there any specificity that ...one have to teach a specific subject..or it depends..and as Life science includes..Botony biology and all sciences..etc...
5th July 2012, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

i have completed bsc in biotechnology and pursuing mcs in clinical research from IGNOU..i am interested to become a lecturer..can anybody guide me?????
to teach in secondary section(5th-10th std)is it necessary to do M.ed???
31st July 2012, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

hi i m Rucha, doing B.Sc in microbiology n wish to give SET exam after M.Sc., plz guide me abt SET exam in microbiology...
25th November 2013, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Can u please suggest me to do msc.horticulture in distance. I have completed my bsc.horticulture
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?