3rd March 2021, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should I choose to become an IAS Officer being an 8th student?

Hello everyone, I am a student of class 8th and my aim is to become an IAS officer. Which subject or side should I choose to get helpful in study of my aim? Please reply to me as soon as possible.

6th March 2021, 01:05 PM
Shekhard

Default Re: Which subject should I choose to become an IAS Officer being an 8th student?

These are the subjects as you are in school right now. Take your time and understand deeply.
1)Indian heritage and culture,

2)history of world and society

3)geography of the world

4)Governance

5)constitution

6)politcal, social justice,

7)International relations

8)Technology

9)Economic development,

10)Biodiversity, environment,

11)Security and disaster management

12)Ethics, integrity, and aptitude
6th March 2021, 04:19 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose to become an IAS Officer being an 8th student?

Civil Service Examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

Candidates are also eligible to select the optional paper for Mains examination other than bachelor degree subject.

So, you can pursue std 12th and bachelor degree in any course as per your interest. As, candidates from various disciplines clear the examination every year.

For more information related to examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
6th March 2021, 06:02 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

Candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear in the examination.

So, you can choose the subject according to your choice. There is no compulsion on stream of intermediate or bachelor degree.

Examination is conducted by UPSC. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
6th March 2021, 09:24 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For becoming IAS Officer, you will have to crack Civil Services Exam that is conducted by UPSC every year.

To be eligible for this exam, you must have completed any graduation/bachelor (like B.Tech/B.Sc./B.Com/BCA/BE/B.Pharma, etc.) degree from a recognized institute/college.

So, whether you choose Commerce stream or Science stream or Arts stream, it will not affect eligibility criteria for appearing in UPSC exam. You can choose whatever stream after 10th standard to be eligible for UPSC exam in near future.

In case, if you have to choose subject after 8th standard, then you can choose whatever stream you want to choose. Here, you can choose that stream in which you have interest. So that, you can score better marks and preparation would be easier for you to go through lengthy syllabus.
6th March 2021, 09:44 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

You can complete your intermediate and graduation with any specialization to become IAS officer.

You can choose any subject according to your interest throughout the education.

You must have minimum qualification of graduation to become IAS officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?