17th September 2017, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to choose for graduation, if I want to be an IAS officer?

Which subject do I choose for graduation, as I from commerce field and my aim is to be an IAS officer? Along with this, I also want to give exams of SSC and many other civil services?

17th September 2017, 02:30 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to choose for graduation, if I want to be an IAS officer?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC and after qualifying in examination will become eligible for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

There is no limitation on discipline and aggregate of bachelor degree.

To qualify in examination you need to hard work with dedication, devotion and determination.

For syllabus and any updates regarding examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
17th September 2017, 03:40 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subject to choose for graduation, if I want to be an IAS officer?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. Candidates have to qualify in Civil Service examination for selection as an I.A.S Officer.

You can choose any subjects which are comfortable for you.

All graduates are allowed to apply for IAS exams.

Age limit : 21-31 years for general category aspirants.

Yes, you will be eligible to appear in SSC examination after graduation. For SSC examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
17th September 2017, 05:40 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

You can choose any subject of your interest. There is no specific subject required for civil services exam. Minimum educational qualification for these exams is graduation in any stream from a recognized university. So you don't have to worry about it. Thanks
17th September 2017, 07:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to choose any particular subject in graduation to become an IAS officer. You can choose any course of your interest for pursuing graduation course even if you are interested to become an IAS officer. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university and those who are in the age range of 21 to 32 years are eligible to apply for IAS examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
17th September 2017, 07:44 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

There is no such subject criteria in graduation to become an IAS officer. Candidates who have completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university are eligible to appear for IAS examination. Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years, for OBC it is 35 years and for SC/ST it is 37 years. You must be an Indian citizen with a good height and should be physically fit.

With this eligibility you have to appear for Civil services examination. After clearing the examination you have to appear for a physical test followed by personal interview for the final selection..
17th September 2017, 09:36 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, need to worry as candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination. It is necessary to qualify in all three stages of Civil Service examination for final selection as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. The age limit to appear is 21-32 years.

There is no limitation on discipline and aggregate of bachelor degree to appear in examination.

So, you have to prepare for examination with a proper strategy as per syllabus of examination to qualify in examination. For more information about Civil Service examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

Yes, you are also eligible to appear in various government job recruitment examination conducted by SSC. For any information about SSC examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
18th September 2017, 12:02 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to be an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination.

Further the good thing about Civil Services examination or SSC examination or bank examinations is that they allow the candidates to opt for their desired subject to complete their graduation degree as for appearing in any of these examinations all you need is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. There is no compulsion of any subject at any level of academics.

So in my advise you can opt for any subject of your interest and strength which you think will allow you to prepare for these competitive examinations along with your good run in academics.
18th September 2017, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

I have completed b.sc microbiology and b.ed now i want to do pg microbiology my question is whether i did pg in microbiology how many percentage will i get into pg trb?and how many seats they allotted for microbiology?
18th September 2017, 11:39 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in IAS Officer recruitment.

>> The basic educational qualification required is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

>> As you are from Commerce background, I would suggest you to pursue Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) course after completion of 12th Class.

>> So, I would suggest you to go ahead with B.Com course which is useful for appearing in Civil Services Recruitment Examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

>> You can apply for SSC Examination's too with this qualification as the basis educational qualification required is Graduation pass.
20th September 2017, 12:29 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which subject do I choose for graduation, as I from commerce field and my aim is to be an IAS officer? Along with this, I also want to give exams of SSC and many other civil services?
After completion of 12th standard in Commerce, you can choose B.Com degree to become IAS officer. This subject is scoring subject and many question are coming from this subject.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria :-

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

Age relaxation:-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Attempt limit:-

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
20th September 2017, 01:24 PM
sapphire1

IAS is the civil service and exam for the same is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for IAS:

Applicant should be graduated in any stream. There is no necessity to have a particular stream for IAS exam.

There are no criteria for minimum percentage required.
Age limit should be between 21 to 32 years. Age relaxation for reserved categories.
Final year students can also apply for IAS.

IAS exam conducted in 3 phases:

Preliminary examination
Mains Examination
Interview

You have to clear all these above phases to be an IAS.

As you are from commerce field then you definitely apply for UPSC examination for IAS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?