17th October 2012, 01:33 PM
hannah00013

Which subject should I take in year 10 if I want to be an interior designer?

What subjects/courses should I take in Year 10 if I want to be an Interior Designer?

27th March 2013, 09:19 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subject should I take in year 10 if I want to be an interior designer?

Admission to most of the institutes in the country is through CEED (Common Entrance Exam for Design). IIT’s conduct this exam. Some of the courses available are:

Advance Diploma in Fashion, Interior & Textile Design
Advanced Diploma in Interior Design
Certificate in Interior Decoration Design
Diploma in Architectural Assistantship
Designer Coordinator- Interior Design
Graduate Diploma Programme in Design
Graduate Diploma in Interior Space and Equipment Design
Graduate Diploma in Retail and Exhibition Design
One Year Diploma in Interior Designing
Diploma course in Interior Design
Professional Diploma in Furniture & Interior Design

Who is eligible to apply?

There are a large number of institutes in India offering different courses to help build a career in this field. Candidates who wish to pursue a Post Graduate degree in interior designing courses should either be qualified engineers in the field of architecture and design or a bachelor’s degree in interior designing or a professional diploma degree in design. Admission in most of the institutes is through a written exam and interview.

How to prepare for exam and interview?

Most of the interior design entrance exams will covers questions from the field of design involving common mental ability, general knowledge and sensitivity to environment, creativity, drawing and communication skills. Candidates appearing for the various entrance exams have to concentrate more on these subjects.
21st May 2015, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subject should I take in year 10 if I want to be an interior designer?

which subject should be selected in 11 th class if I am interested in interior designing, the subject should not be maths ? I want some tips related to this issue !
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?