17th June 2011, 12:58 PM
priyam jhudele

Subject to be taken after 10th so as to appear for CLAT exam?

i have just cleared my x class exam with gpa 8.8 and am looking forward to clat examination in the future .which subject should i take and which subject would help me with this exam?

31st October 2011, 11:02 PM
abhin91
Member+

Default Re: Subject to be taken after 10th so as to appear for CLAT exam?

To be eligible to appear for CLAT, a candidate should have passed his/her Higher Secondary School/Intermediate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and persons with Disability).
So as you have to go for CLAT i would suggest you not to take science, better you go for commerce stream.
15th December 2011, 06:18 PM
tariqlko01

For better chances of cracking CLAT you must not take science as per my suggestion.
As science will involve much more study,other streams will provide you more time to prepare for CLAT and no science subjects are needed in CLAT.
You need to have knowledge of Mathematics.
For being eligible,a candidate should have passed his/her Higher Secondary School/Intermediate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and persons with Disability).

GOOD LUCK.
15th December 2011, 09:37 PM
prashant more

Cool Re: Subject to be taken after 10th so as to appear for CLAT exam?

To be eligible to appear for CLAT, a candidate should have passed his/her Higher Secondary School/Intermediate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and persons with Disability).
So as you have to go for CLAT i would suggest you not to take science, better you go for commerce stream.
15th December 2011, 09:52 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear...........
I am providing you a carrier path chart from where you can get details information about CLAT exam.

Good luck.............
8th March 2012, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Which sybjects from Humanities stream after 10th will help for CLAT exam?
13th April 2012, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

should i go for sociology as my optional subject in arts or for maths ? which will help me better to clear this test ?
25th April 2012, 02:15 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you can get better chances of cracking CLAT you must not take science as per my suggestion.As science will involve much more study,other streams will provide you more time to prepare for CLAT and no science subjects are needed in CLAT.You need to have knowledge of Mathematics,Intermediate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and persons with Disability).So as you have to go for CLAT i would suggest you not to take science, better you go for commerce stream.
29th March 2013, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

How should i apply 4 CLAT Exam after 12th ?
4th April 2013, 10:43 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyam jhudele View Post
i have just cleared my x class exam with gpa 8.8 and am looking forward to clat examination in the future .which subject should i take and which subject would help me with this exam?
Well firstly let me tell you that there is no hard and fast rule as such that you have to take a particular stream to sit for the CLAT exam. If you go through the eligibility criteria then you will see that students from any stream are eligible to sit for this exam. So you have the liberty to choose your subject combination without worrying about the eligibility criteria so much.

But if you ask for my personal advice then i would ask you to go for commerce or science because that would mean you will be in touch with Mathematics. There is lots of reasoning and aptitude questions in the entrance exam too for which you need to rack your brain a lot. All these will become a lot easier if you have mathematics at 10+2 level to sharpen your IQ.

As you must be knowing that the CLAT exam is a Law entrance exam which is conducted by 14 National Law Schools in turn. On successfully cracking this exam you will get a chance to study in any one of these law school. Apart from LLB, you can look forward to do your LLM from these schools if you have a undergraduate degree in law.

Though the subject combination does not matters here but the completion of 12th standard needs to be done from a recognized board and minimum 50% of marks needs to be secured as well if you are a general category candidates. For the reserved category candidates the marks to secure is 45% of marks. Even final year candidates can also apply.

For the general category candidates and open category candidates the upper age limit is 20 years. For SC/ST candidates and persons with disability the upper age limit is 22 years.

Usually the notifications for this exam is released usually in the month of January and the formality is ought to be completed before March. The exam generally takes place in the month of May. For any recent updates and fees structure and other information please keep an eye on the official website of CLAT.

Exam Pattern:-

Number of MCQ's: 200
Total Marks: 200
Total Time: 2 hours

Areas to stress on:-
  1. English including Comprehension
  2. General Knowledge/ Current Affairs
  3. Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)
  4. Legal Aptitude
  5. Logical Reasoning

Preparation of the exam should start at least from class 12 itself. In that way you will be able to give yourself more time to get adjusted to the exam pattern and kind of questions that are usually asked in the exam. I would ask you to work on your weak areas first which you know is important from exam's standpoint. Practice well, prepare hard, get used to the exam pattern, hone your time management skills and devote maximum time towards this and the result will take care of itself.

Hope this helps :-> :->
4th April 2013, 06:24 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Priyam,

The acronym for CLAT is Common Law Admission Test.

According to me, you should accept Science or Commerce discipline after 10th for appearing in CLAT examination.

Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a centralised test for admission to prominent National Law Universities in India.

The test is taken after the 12th grade for admission to graduation (also known as Bachelor's) courses in Law and after Graduation in Law for Master of Laws LL.M programs conducted by these Law Universities.

The eligibility criteria required for the CLAT examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with 50% marks from any accredited board.

* 45% marks required for SC/ST contenders.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 20 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 2 yrs for SC/ST contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

5th April 2013, 08:35 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Full Form Of CLAT is Common Law Admission Test. This Test is conducted every year for those candidates who want to pursue under graduate or post graduate courses in National Law Universities of India.

As far as i am concerned , the candidate should choose Science stream in 12th as the best option , however some candidates also choose Commerce stream in 12th.

The Eligibility Criteria Required for Common Law Admission Test are :

* The candidate must have passed 12th from any recognized board with Science/Commerce stream.

* the candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in 12th.

* Relaxation of 5% marks is given to SC/ST candidates.

* Candidates appearing in 12th are also eligible.

* The Maximum age limit for this test is 20 years.

* There is a relaxation of 2 years in upper age for SC/ST Candidates.

* The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
5th October 2013, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

i have chosen science stream..i have done right or wrong as i hve to appear clat
13th July 2014, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

I've scored 9.4 CGPA in class 10, so which stream will be perfect, so that i can focus more on the preparations of CLAT ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?