26th December 2015, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects or groups should I choose if I want to become an IAS in future?

I am confused that which subjects or group should i choose if i want to become an IAS in future and what bachelor degree should i do in college for that

26th December 2015, 09:43 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Which subjects or groups should I choose if I want to become an IAS in future?

IAS is the Indian Administrative services examinations which is one of the prestageous Civil services examination which will be conducted every year by the UPSC board of Civil services,This examination is an all India wide examination in which there will be three different kinds of tests which needs to be cleared in order to become IAS.

There are no particular groups or subjects which are required to become or eligible to appear for the IAS selection,with any bachelor degree or post graduate degree with in the age limits can appear for the IAS selections.

So,it depends on your own interest to choose which subject in your bachelor degree course and then prefer it and complete it,and also on the other side take the IAS coaching also which will be helpful in doing or cracking the examination.
26th December 2015, 11:39 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Default Re: Which subjects or groups should I choose if I want to become an IAS in future?

To become a IAS officer you have to face off IAS exam first and for IAS exam the candidate must be completed his graduation with any stream or bachelor's degree from any stream. So you can go with anyone field according to your interest.
Apart from these for IAS following eligibilities required:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate minimum age will be 21 years and the maximum age will be 32 years for General Category candidates 35 years for OBC Candidates 37 years for SC/ST Candidates.
- The maximum attempts for General Category Candidates are 6 for OBC Candidates are 9 and there are no limit of attempts for the SC/ST Category Candidates.
26th December 2015, 11:44 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects or groups should I choose if I want to become an IAS in future?

I am pleased with your determination to become an I.A.S Officer. But, to become an I.A.S Officer you have to qualify in Civil Services examination.

The eligibility to appear for Civil Services examination is candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university and age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category in upper age limit.

There is no limitation on discipline of graduation or 10+2, so you are eligible to pursue course of your interest. But you need to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection as an I.A.S officer.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th December 2015, 12:45 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

There is no limitation on graduation discipline to appear for Civil Services examination. Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment candidates as I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc..The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

* Candidate must have passed graduation or pursuing in final year from a recognised university.

* Candidates age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can pursue your bachelor degree in any subject. The examination is conducted in three stages.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?