4th April 2017, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

On which subjects should I focus more to become an IAS in the future?

Respected Sir, My name is Vivek Humbi and I am pursuing my 2nd PUC from Bangalore (Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Statistics). I want to become an IAS Officer in the future so I want to know on which subjects should I focus more to become an IAS in the future? Please answer as soon as possible.

5th April 2017, 12:02 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: On which subjects should I focus more to become an IAS in the future?

To become IAS in future, you need to appear for UPSC Civil Services Exam and qualify it.

It contains three stages i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview

To crack these stages, you need to focus on subjects like:
  • General Studies - It contains general knowledge questions related to History, geography, science, politics, economics, etc.
  • Reasoning
  • Aptitude
  • English

Here are few papers from which you may get help for preparation.
5th April 2017, 09:39 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: On which subjects should I focus more to become an IAS in the future?

Civil Services examination syllabus has contents of different subjects like:

>>History of India from Ancient to Post Independence.

>>World History

>>Indian Polity and Governance.

>>Geography, Economics etc.

You should focus on these subjects. You can start your preparation with help of basic NCERT and NIOS books and then read standard books.

In first phase of preparation, it is better to complete basic books of NCERT from standard 6th to standard 12th. After having good concepts of fundamentals of these subjects, you can read standard books.
20th September 2018, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

On which subject we should focus more to become IAS officer in Cabinet Secretary, is maths is important to become an IAS officer
7th May 2020, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

To become an IAS officer maths is very important??
7th July 2020, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

No if you are more focused on history geographic and any other subject after that u need to be learn basic maths
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?