22nd April 2012, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects should I take after passing 10th? I want to give IAS after graduation

i want to give ias after graduation .i am in 10 standard now.and i am not so good in maths and science and history also....so what subject should i take after 10

24th April 2012, 04:06 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I take after passing 10th? I want to give IAS after graduation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to give ias after graduation .i am in 10 standard now.and i am not so good in maths and science and history also....so what subject should i take after 10
Before suggesting you the appropriate stream for your higher secondary level, I would like you to give a brief introduction of the civil service examination conducted for IAS,IPS,IFS and other civil services.
The civil service examination is conducted by union public service commission and in order to become eligible for the exam, one must be graduate within the age limit of 21-30 years.
The examination comprise of two stages of written examination and are followed by an Interview.
The First stage of the examination is called Preliminary Stage and it comprise of two compulsory papers:
General Studies
Civil Service Aptitude Test
The Second stage of the examination is known as Main exam and it comprise of the following compulsory papers:
English
One Indian Language
Essay Writing
General Studies
Apart from compulsory paper, the Main exam also have optional papers in which from the list of various subjects, candidates need to select any two subjects and each of those subjects will have two papers.

Now, coming back to your question, as you can see that one of the most important subject is general Studies which has been included in both the stages, you have got to be good at it. For that, its not mandatory that you take history or geography in the +2 level, but you need to have great amount of knowledge regarding the History of India including the freedom movements, Indian and World Geography, Indian Polity and governance.,Economic and social development, General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change, General science which you may study as a subject in your +2 level or you may prepare for it separately without having it in your academics. As far as Civil Service Aptitude Test is concerned, it comprise of questions based on Interpersonal skills including communication skills, Logical reasoning and analytical ability, Decision making and problem solving, General mental ability, Basic numeracy ,Data interpretation ,English language comprehension skills and preparation for such type of question need to be done separately as most of the topics are not discussed under any stream in the +2 level.
Now moving on to the main exam, apart from General Studies, you will need to have good command over subjects like English and Essay Writing and you may master into these areas along with any stream. As far as any One Indian language is concerned as well as the optional subjects, it completely depends on your interest and expertise and hence, you do not need to belong to any particular stream to do well in these subjects.
So, as you can see, it depends how you are going to manage and maintain your education along with having the interest to write the civil service examination. If you see the qualification of the candidates who have cracked the examination, you will find that the list includes Engineering students, Chartered Accountants, Arts student etc. So, basically, the examination has been designed in such a manner so that students from every stream gets an equal opportunity. So, first of all, pursue you higher secondary with the subject combinations you are comfortable with and follow you interest and expertise even in your graduation.
14th December 2012, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects should I take after passing 10th? I want to give IAS after graduation

Plzz help me. I"m in great tension. i am in 10 standard and now my 10 is about to over in 3 months and i'm confused between non medical and commerce . I'm not so intelligent in maths. also i have not too much interest in becoming engineer or doctor but side by side also i think if i took non med then my status will become higher and my parents will be proud of me and i saw students weaker than me looking for non medical . this really diverts me but then another thought came to my mind i don't want to become engineer so i should go for commerce . plz help me to overcome this problem
14th October 2013, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

I am a good student of english, social science and hindi but not good in maths and physics i want to become an IAS officer in any case what subjeects should i choose in 12 am living in up suggest some places i can go and prepare my self after 10.
8th November 2013, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare after 10th for IAS examinations?
1st April 2014, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Hello... My name is kishori. I have just given my 12th examination and aspiring to become an IAS. Please help me to choose the right stream after 12th. I am also very good at maths. Could you also suggest me any institute who provides excellent guidence for the preparation..?
2nd April 2014, 08:17 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

You have decided upon of what you want to be in the very beginning of your career. Now only thing that is left behind is to choose the proper route map in order to reach your destination.

In order to be placed in IAS or any other civil service, you have to crack the following selection procedure

CSAT (Civil Service Aptitude Test)
Civil Service Main Exam
Interview

CSAT is the common written exam for the candidates to be placed in various civil services like
Indian Administrative Service
Indian Police Service
Indian Foreign Service etc.

The eligibility criteria will be as follows

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

No minimum percentage of marks are required for the candidates in Graduation course.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for the Entrance Exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation by the time they appear for Interview.

The candidates should possess an age between 21-30 years in order to apply for this Exam.

The nationality of the candidate should be India.

As you are not interested in Mathematics and Science, I suggest you to opt for 12th class with any of the following subjects
Civics
Economics
Commerce etc.

And then opt for Graduation in B.Com course. This will be a good choice for you. Opt for any one of the above mentioned subject as optional subject for Main Exam.

Wish you all the best.
13th December 2014, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

Sir,i am reading in class 9 in DAV public school in muzaffarpur &want to follow the preparation for IAS. so, please suggest me that i should take admission in any best institute for preparation or not?If yes,then in which institute?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?