13th September 2011, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus for ONGC Exam for the position of Programmer? Which are the best books to prepare for this Exam?

Hi,

I have applied in ONGC as a programmer. I did my graduation in BEInformation Technology and currently working in TCS.

My exam of ONGC will be on 18-9-'11 i.e on this sunday.

Can you please provide me the syllabus of this exam and which books is best for preparation.

13th September 2011, 06:07 PM
Tulasinagababu

Default Re: Syllabus for ONGC Exam for the position of Programmer? Which are the best books to prepare for this Exam?

ONGC has announced recruitment of Graduate Trainees 2009. The selection will be on the basis of a written exam and interview. The test pattern is given below. It is a tough exam and one needs to study hard to get through.

Test Duration:

3 hours

Sections of Exam:

Test is objective as well as subjective (descriptive):

1) General Awareness (50 Marks):

a. 50 Objective Questions (40 to be attempted, 1 Mark each)

b. 2 Descriptive Type Questions (5 Marks Each)

2) Subject Specialization (100 Marks)

a. 75 Objective Questions (60 to be attempted, 1.5 mark each)

b. 2 Descriptive Type Questions (5 Marks Each)

The specialization section has questions from the discipline in which the candidate has completed the degree for eligibility e.g. Electrical, Mechanical etc.
14th September 2011, 12:18 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Syllabus for ONGC Exam for the position of Programmer? Which are the best books to prepare for this Exam?

Sir,
Relationship or Analogy Test, Spotting Out the Dissimilar, Series Completion Test, ... Best Reason Test, Paper Cutting Type Questions, Assigning Artificial Values to ... Exams Covered : CSIR UGC NET Latest Syllabus , GATE, SLET, ONGC, IARI ... Basic Concepts of Probability, Linear Programming Basic Concepts, Real ...
Thanks,
1st October 2011, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

i.t.i. Electrical syllabus 2011
6th August 2012, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I have applied in ONGC as a programmer. I did my graduation in BE Computer Science.

Can you please provide me the syllabus of this exam and which books is best for preparation.
15th August 2012, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me the syllabus pattern of ongc computer science paper
22nd August 2012, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Can a BE (IT) holder above 65% apply for the position of programmer in ONGC? Please submit your reply immediately.
30th December 2013, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

now i am complet my ms.c(tech)applied geology above 65% apply for the position of programmer in ONGC? Which are the best books to prepare for this Exam?

Please submit your reply immediately.
4th April 2015, 04:55 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for ONGC exam for the post of programmer? Exam 10th may 2015 so plz can u give any previous questions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?