29th March 2012, 10:06 PM
sonyyyyy

Syllabus and Tips to prepare for SSC Graduate Level Exam?

hello plzzz give the tips aur syblas of ssc graduate level exam...

30th March 2012, 11:35 AM
krish.prasad74

Thumbs up Re: Syllabus and Tips to prepare for SSC Graduate Level Exam?

DEAR Friend,

Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will be conducting Combined Graduate Level Examination 2012 for recruitment to different posts like Assistants, Inspectors, Divisional Accountants, Compiler etc. for which Graduation from a recognized University is the minimum Educational Qualification.
The written exam for Tier I will be held on 1 July 2012 & 8 July 2012 and written exam Tier II, for candidates who had cleared Tier I examination, will be held on 15 September 2012 and 16 September 2012. The Examination will be followed by Computer Proficiency Test/ Interview/ Skill test, wherever applicable as per the Scheme of Examination.
Posts have been placed in two groups, inter-alia, based on their Grade Pay and papers in Tier II examination/Interview. Preference for Posts, is to be indicated in the application. Candidates are requested to note that preference for Posts once exercised will be final. Request for change of preference will not be considered under any circumstance. For the post of Assistant in CSS, candidate shall have not more than three attempts unless covered by any of the exceptions notified by Government of India.

Combined Graduate Level Examination 2012
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will be holding Combined Graduate Level Examination 2012 for recruitment to different posts like Assistants, Inspectors, Divisional Accountants, Compiler etc.
Name of the Post for Combined Graduate Level (Tier I) Examination 2012:Candidates looking forward to Combined Graduate Level Examination 2012 can findDetails of the Posts to find information about different posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices/ Cadre. Posts have been placed in two groups, inter-alia, based on their Grade Pay and papers in Tier II examination/ Interview.
Important Dates for Combined Graduate Level (Tier I) Examination 2012
• Opening date for online/ offline application: 24 March 2012
• Last date for online/ offline application: 20 April 2012
• Last date for online/ offline application (from remote areas): 27 April 2012
• Date for Combined Graduate Level (Tier I) Examination 2012: 1 July 2012 &8 July 2012
• Date for Combined Graduate Level (Tier II) Examination 2012: 15 September 2012 & 16 September 2012
•
Eligibility Criteria for Combined Graduate Level (Tier I) Examination 2012
Educational Qualification
• Compiler: Bachelor's Degree with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject from any recognized University.
• Statistical Investigator Grade- II: Bachelor's Degree with Statistics as one of the main subjects OR Bachelor's Degree with Mathematics (with Statistics as a papers studied in one year/ two years/ all three years as the case may be) as one of the main subjects OR Bachelor's Degree with Economics (with Statistics as a paper studied in one year/ two years/ all the three years as the case may be) as one of the main subjects OR Bachelor's Degree with Commerce (with Statistics as a paper studied in one year/ two years/ all the three years as the case may be) as one of the main subjects
• All other Posts: Bachelor's Degree (Graduation Degree) from a recognized University or equivalent (Note: For posts of Assistants(CSS), computer proficiency has also been prescribed as an Essential Qualification)
Age Limit (as on 1 January 2012)
• Inspector of Income Tax/ Inspector (Central Excise)/ Inspector (Preventive Officer)/ Inspector (Examiner)/ Inspector of Posts/ Assistant Enforcement Officer/ Compiler/ Divisional Accountant/ Auditors/ UDCs/ Tax Assistants/ Junior Accountant & Accountant: Minimum 18 years; Maximum 27 years
• Statistical Investigator Gr. II: Maximum 26 years
• Assistant/ Sub Inspector in CBI: Minimum 20 years; Maximum 27 years
Application Fee: No application fee will be charged from SC/ ST/ Ex-servicemen/ Women candidate and for General and OBC Candidate is Rs 100.
• For Paper/ Offline Application: The fee is payable through Central Recruitment Fee Stamps(CRFS) only. CRFS stamps are available at all Departmental Post Offices of the country
• For Online Application: The candidates submitting their applications Online should pay the requisite fee only through State Bank of India Challan or on-line account with SBI. Challan form will be generated on-line
Selection Procedure for Combined Graduate Level (Tier I) Examination 2012: The Examination will be conducted in three tiers as indicated below
• Tier I: Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
• Tier II: Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
• Tier III: Personality Test/ Interview/ Computer Proficiency Test or Skill Test (wherever applicable)
After the Examination and the Interview/ Skill Test/ Computer Proficiency Test, wherever applicable, the Commission will draw up the All India Merit List for each category of post/ State and as many candidates as are found by the Commission to have qualified in the Examination shall be recommended for appointment for each category of post/ State upto the number of unreserved vacancies available, taking into consideration option for the posts.
The Commission will recommend the candidates in the Merit List on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination and interview (wherever applicable) and preference exercised by the candidates in the Application Form for different Posts/ States at the time of Tier II/ Interview/ Skill Test/ Computer Proficiency Test depending on the number of vacancies available.
How to Apply for Combined Graduate Level (Tier I) Examination 2012
Online Application: Candidates may submit online applications on the SSC website. They should retain registration number assigned to them online for correspondence with the commission. They are not required to submit print outs of their application to the commission.
Apply Online
Paper/ Offline Application: Candidates opting for paper/ offline submission of application must indicate the Centre in the Application Form (as mentioned in the notification) in which he/ she desires to take the Tier I examination. The Commission will allot the candidates to the same or nearby centre in Tier II Examination. Application received in any other Regional/ Sub Regional Office of the Commission will be rejected summarily.

Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will be conducting Combined Graduate Level Examination 2012 for recruitment to different posts like Assistants, Inspectors, Divisional Accountants, Compiler etc. for which Graduation from a recognized University is the minimum Educational Qualification.
The Examination will comprise of two Tiers of Written Objective Type examination followed by Computer Proficiency Test/ Interview/ Skill test, wherever applicable as per the Scheme of Examination.
Posts have been placed in two groups, inter-alia, based on their Grade Pay and papers in Tier II examination/Interview. Preference for Posts, is to be indicated in the application. Candidates are requested to note that preference for Posts once exercised will be final. Request for change of preference will not be considered under any circumstance. For the post of Assistant in CSS, candidate shall have not more than three attempts unless covered by any of the exceptions notified by Government of India
Scheme of Examination: The examination will be conducted in three tiers as mentioned below.
• Tier III: Personality Test/ Interview/ Computer Proficiency Test or Skill Test (wherever applicable)
Scheme of the Examination for different posts will be as followed
The written examination will consist of one objective type paper as shown below:
Post Tier I Examination Tier II Examination Interview Proficiency/ Skill Test
Total Marks
Posts for which Interview is prescribed other than Statistical Investigator Grade-II A. General Intelligence + Reasoning- 50 marks
B. Gen. Awareness-50 marks
C. Quantitative Aptitude- 50 marks
D. English Comprehension- 50 marks
Total Marks - 200
Duration: 2 hours
For VH: 2 hours 40 minutes I.Quantitative Abilities: 200 marks (100 Questions)
For VH: 2hours 40 minutes where eligible.
II.English Language &
Comprehension: 200 marks.
Total Marks: 400
Duration : 2 hours
For VH: 2 hours 40 minutes wherever eligible. 100 marks Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) for post of Assistant in CSS only 700 marks
Posts for which no Interview is prescribed, other than Compiler -do- -do- No Data Entry Skill Test at Speed of 8000 key depression per hour for post of Tax Assistant 600 marks
Statistical Investigator Grade-II -do- Paper-I & II as above 400 marks
Paper-III Statistics 200 mark 100 marks - 800 marks
Compiler -do- -do- No - 900 marks

NOTE: There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Tier-I. In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and III and 0.50 marks in Paper-I for each wrong answer.
Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering thequestions.
Personality/ Test/ Interview/ Computer Proficiency Test or Skill Test (wherever applicable): For posts for which Interview cum Personality Test is prescribed, the Personality Test/ interview will carry a maximum of 100 marks. The interview will be held at the Commission‘s Regional/Sub Regional Offices of the Commission or at any other place as decided by the Commission. The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test at 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes will be of qualifying nature for Tax Assistant. There will be Physical Standard Test for the post of Inspector.
Detailed Syllabus
Find other details on Combined Graduate Level (Tier I) Examination 2012
31st March 2012, 12:44 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Syllabus and Tips to prepare for SSC Graduate Level Exam?

The Combined Graduate level exam will have questions from the areas such as General Intelligence, GK, Logical reasoning, Quantitative ability etc. You should prepare well in all the mentioned subject areas. You should refer previous question papers and prepare on the basis of that. You should identify the subject areas where you are weak and concentrate more on that. Refer standard text books in each subject area and attend the mock test also. You should constantly update your knowledge in Current Affairs.
31st March 2012, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Isthis exam is subjective or objective?
1st April 2012, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

which documents are required to send with application form ?
6th April 2012, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE SYLLABUS FOR INCOME TAX INSPECTOR THROUGH SSC PLEASE GIVE ME ANS ON MY EMAIL ID [email protected]
6th April 2012, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE SYLLABUS FOR SUB INSPECTOR IN CBI
8th April 2012, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

can any candidate apply for ssc cgl if he is in graduation final year
8th April 2012, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus for sub inspector for cbi
9th April 2012, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

i have filled the application form for the first time and i dont know anything about ssc exam plz.. guide me for only the general awareness paper for the exam , from which book should i study or main subjects from which the questions come in the examination ,,,,,
10th April 2012, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

sir i have gave my bcom final year but i have submited my ssc form for combined graduate level exam with bcom marks 65% if get marks really in bcom differ from 65% than is it will create any problem please tell me
13th April 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

please suggest some books for preparations
14th April 2012, 03:00 PM
indu_sarabhai

No,final year students are not eligible for SSC.
Eligibility for SSC:-
1.CANDIDATES MUST BE GRADUATE FROM A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY.
2.PERCENTAGE DOESN'T MATTER.
3.AGE MUST BE BETWEEN 21 YEARS TO 30 YEARS.
4.AGE RELAXATION IN CASE OF SC/ST UP TO 5 YEARS,IN CASE OF OBC UP TO 3 YEARS.

SSC conducts exam for different posts like:-
1.IT INSPECTOR
2.SUB-INSPECTOR
3.CBI-INSPECTOR
4.INSPECTOR CENTRAL EXCISE
5.INSPECTOR -PREVENTIVE OFICER
6.JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT
7.AUDITOR
8.TAX ASSISTANT
9.UDC
10.SOMETIMES FOR SCIENTIST
15th April 2012, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

sir,they want graduate pto 1st aug,2012 so in this case final year students can apply as dey will get result in july itself..
17th April 2012, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE FILLED THE SSC FOR PREFERRING INCOME TAX INSPECTOR ........... WHAT IS THE SYLLABUS FOR IT ? PLEASE GUIDE ME ,
24th April 2012, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Can anyone suggests any book for Logical reasoning, Quantitative aptitude??
27th April 2012, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus and what are the books for ssc exam.plz reply me on my mail id [email protected]
29th April 2012, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE SYLLABUS FOR ASSISTANT ENFORCEMENT OFFICER? PLEASE GUIDE ME.....
1st May 2012, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

For Reasoning you can go for R S aggarwal or Arihant Verbal and non vebal.
For english try Arihant publication book for Gk the best is 60 days for General knowledge and current affairs.
For Maths class 10 RD sharma is the best.
For more details you can contact me on [email protected] best of luck friends
1st May 2012, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am of 32 years of age and a central government employee in central excise & service tax I want to prepare for Income tax inspector what is the age limit for IT inspector please give me detail.
6th May 2012, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have done, b tech in electronics engineering,do i have any scope in ssc combined graduate level
7th May 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Pls prefer ssc graduate level exam best books names. My email id: [email protected]
14th May 2012, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

can you send me previous year question of computer proficiency test asked in ssc exam?
20th May 2012, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

PLs send me previous year question of computer proficiency test asked in ssc exam
23rd May 2012, 07:05 AM
samrat2512

Hi aspirant,

For the preparation of SSC you will have to work hard. If you want to crack this exam,
you should make the schedule on the basis of SSC syllabus and certain particular hours for each section of syllabus.
Strictly follow your time table.
For current affairs and GS you should study daily newspaper regularly.
You should join any coaching to solve out math problems in tricky way. It will increase your performance in Exam.

Study previous years unsolved and model question papers.

Best of Luck…
23rd May 2012, 02:05 PM
romi_bal

Smile Re: Syllabus and Tips to prepare for SSC Graduate Level Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
WHAT IS THE SYLLABUS FOR INCOME TAX INSPECTOR THROUGH SSC PLEASE GIVE ME ANS ON MY EMAIL ID [email protected]
Income Tax Officer Exam
Income Tax Officer Exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit the Income Tax Officer.

Educational Qualification: Those candidates have completed graduation degree from recognized university are eligible for INCOME TAX OFFICER Exam.

Between 18 years to 27 years. The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The examination is conduct two ways
(i) Written examination
(ii) Interview for Personality Test for such candidates as may qualify in the written test.

THE PHYSICAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

Height :157.5cm

Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm

The other Ground Work is -

i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes

ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes

SYLLABUS:

a)General Intelligence: It consists of your ability of reasoning ,how much you can analysis a problem.

b)General English: It consists English Language and will be based on error recognition, fill in the blanks using verbs, preposition, articles etc, vocabulary, spellings, Grammar, sentence-structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, sentence completion, phrases and idiomatic use of words etc

c)Arithmetical Ability: It consists of problems relating to number systems, Computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions, percentages, ratio and proportions, averages, interest, profit & loss, use of tables and graphs, mensuration, time & distance, ratio and time etc

d)General Awareness: It consists of the general awareness of the environment around you and its application to society,

e) knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect .

f) The test will also include History, Geography, Economic, General policy, Scientific Research etc.

PATTERN OF INCOME TAX EXAM
Tier-I Exam Paper Consists(2 hours):

Part-A : General Intelligence Reasoning (50 marks)
Part-B : General Awareness (50 marks)
Part-C : Numerical Aptitude (50 marks)
Part-D: English Comprehension (50 marks)

The total marks : 200 .

Tier-II(4 hours):
Arithmetical Abilities(200 marks)
English Language & comprehension(200 marks)
Total marks: 400

Tier-III
Interview: 100 marks

Pay Scale:: Rs.9300-34800 + Grade Pay of Rs.4600/-

For online application , Click on the link http://www.ssconline.nic.in.

For more details about this exam, You can visit to http://www.ssc.nic.in
27th May 2012, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

Pls prefer ssc graduate level exam best books names. My email id: [email protected] mob.no 09999335885
29th May 2012, 05:54 PM
romi_bal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyyyyy View Post
hello plzzz give the tips aur syblas of ssc graduate level exam...
SSC exam is conducted in three levels.

Combined Graduate Level (Preliminary) Exam(objective)
Duration-2 hours with fifty marks for each subject.
General Intelligence & Reasoning
General Awareness
Numerical Aptitude
English Comprehension
Extra forty minutes will be given for visually handicapped candidates.

Combined Graduate Level (Main) Examination(conventional)

Duration-2 hours for each subject with two hundred marks.
Arithmetical Ability
English Language & Comprehension
Statistics
Additional forty minutes for each subject will be given for visually handicapped candidates.

Personality Test/Interview

Only those who have qualified other two levels can attend this third level. The maximum marks for this level is 100 marks.

Syllabus of Combined Graduate Level Exam

General Intelligence & Reasoning

• Analogies
• Similarities and Differences
• Spatial Visualization
• Spatial Orientation
• Problem Solving
• Analysis
• Judgment
• Decision Making
• Visual Memory
• Discrimination
• Observation
• Relationship Concepts

Arithmetic Reasoning
• Verbal and Figure Classification
• Arithmetical Number Series
• Non-Verbal Series
• Coding and Decoding
• Statement Conclusion
• Syllogistic Reasoning

General Awareness

1. History
2. Culture
3. Geography
4. Economic Scene
5. Scientific Research

English
• Correct Usage
• Paragraph Writing/Report Writing
• Essay
• Precise
• Letter Writing
• Sentence Structure
• Synonyms
• Antonyms
• Ph

Books:

//Mathematics by

R.S.Agarwal [Arithmetic book ]

DR.Lal & Jain [Upkar books ]

//Reasoning by

R.S.Agarwal [Vertbal and non verbal ]

Marksman Reasoning

//Arithmetic Quantitative attitude by

Dr.Professor

//Recent previous year Solved paper by

Surabooks

//Genertal Knowledge by

Rajpoot brotherhood

Khanna and Verma
2nd June 2012, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

hi guys pls send me last year income tax inspector sample papersand also useful websites for prepration at my email [email protected]
10th June 2012, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

myself manish lohchab
M in bsc. Physical science final year frm DU
I want to clear ssc 2013
How to start preparation
M totally confused vat to do?
Plz help me
My id z
[email protected]
12th June 2012, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

I am an examinee of compiler post.please suggest books,newspaper.
15th June 2012, 06:16 PM
tl.com

HI DEAR Friend,

The written exam for Tier I will be held on 1 July 2012 & 8 July 2012 and written exam Tier II, for candidates who had cleared Tier I examination, will be held on 15 September 2012 and 16 September 2012. The Examination will be followed by Computer Proficiency Test/ Interview/ Skill test, wherever applicable as per the Scheme of Examination.
Posts have been placed in two groups, inter-alia, based on their Grade Pay and papers in Tier II examination/Interview. Preference for Posts, is to be indicated in the application. Candidates are requested to note that preference for Posts once exercised will be final. Request for change of preference will not be considered under any circumstance. For the post of Assistant in CSS, candidate shall have not more than three attempts unless covered by any of the exceptions notified by Government of India.

Combined Graduate Level Examination 2012
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will be holding Combined Graduate Level Examination 2012 for recruitment to different posts like Assistants, Inspectors, Divisional Accountants, Compiler etc.
Name of the Post for Combined Graduate Level (Tier I) Examination 2012:Candidates looking forward to Combined Graduate Level Examination 2012 can findDetails of the Posts to find information about different posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices/ Cadre. Posts have been placed in two groups, inter-alia, based on their Grade Pay and papers in Tier II examination/ Interview.
Important Dates for Combined Graduate Level (Tier I) Examination 2012
• Opening date for online/ offline application: 24 March 2012
• Last date for online/ offline application: 20 April 2012
• Last date for online/ offline application (from remote areas): 27 April 2012
• Date for Combined Graduate Level (Tier I) Examination 2012: 1 July 2012 &8 July 2012
• Date for Combined Graduate Level (Tier II) Examination 2012: 15 September 2012 & 16 September 2012
•
Eligibility Criteria for Combined Graduate Level (Tier I) Examination 2012
Educational Qualification
• Compiler: Bachelor's Degree with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject from any recognized University.
• Statistical Investigator Grade- II: Bachelor's Degree with Statistics as one of the main subjects OR Bachelor's Degree with Mathematics (with Statistics as a papers studied in one year/ two years/ all three years as the case may be) as one of the main subjects OR Bachelor's Degree with Economics (with Statistics as a paper studied in one year/ two years/ all the three years as the case may be) as one of the main subjects OR Bachelor's Degree with Commerce (with Statistics as a paper studied in one year/ two years/ all the three years as the case may be) as one of the main subjects
• All other Posts: Bachelor's Degree (Graduation Degree) from a recognized University or equivalent (Note: For posts of Assistants(CSS), computer proficiency has also been prescribed as an Essential Qualification)
Age Limit (as on 1 January 2012)
• Inspector of Income Tax/ Inspector (Central Excise)/ Inspector (Preventive Officer)/ Inspector (Examiner)/ Inspector of Posts/ Assistant Enforcement Officer/ Compiler/ Divisional Accountant/ Auditors/ UDCs/ Tax Assistants/ Junior Accountant & Accountant: Minimum 18 years; Maximum 27 years
• Statistical Investigator Gr. II: Maximum 26 years
• Assistant/ Sub Inspector in CBI: Minimum 20 years; Maximum 27 years
Application Fee: No application fee will be charged from SC/ ST/ Ex-servicemen/ Women candidate and for General and OBC Candidate is Rs 100.
• For Paper/ Offline Application: The fee is payable through Central Recruitment Fee Stamps(CRFS) only. CRFS stamps are available at all Departmental Post Offices of the country
• For Online Application: The candidates submitting their applications Online should pay the requisite fee only through State Bank of India Challan or on-line account with SBI. Challan form will be generated on-line
Selection Procedure for Combined Graduate Level (Tier I) Examination 2012: The Examination will be conducted in three tiers as indicated below
After the Examination and the Interview/ Skill Test/ Computer Proficiency Test, wherever applicable, the Commission will draw up the All India Merit List for each category of post/ State and as many candidates as are found by the Commission to have qualified in the Examination shall be recommended for appointment for each category of post/ State upto the number of unreserved vacancies available, taking into consideration option for the posts.
The Commission will recommend the candidates in the Merit List on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination and interview (wherever applicable) and preference exercised by the candidates in the Application Form for different Posts/ States at the time of Tier II/ Interview/ Skill Test/ Computer Proficiency Test depending on the number of vacancies available.
How to Apply for Combined Graduate Level (Tier I) Examination 2012
Online Application: Candidates may submit online applications on the SSC website. They should retain registration number assigned to them online for correspondence with the commission. They are not required to submit print outs of their application to the commission.
Apply Online
Paper/ Offline Application: Candidates opting for paper/ offline submission of application must indicate the Centre in the Application Form (as mentioned in the notification) in which he/ she desires to take the Tier I examination. The Commission will allot the candidates to the same or nearby centre in Tier II Examination. Application received in any other Regional/ Sub Regional Office of the Commission will be rejected summarily.

The Examination will comprise of two Tiers of Written Objective Type examination followed by Computer Proficiency Test/ Interview/ Skill test, wherever applicable as per the Scheme of Examination.
Posts have been placed in two groups, inter-alia, based on their Grade Pay and papers in Tier II examination/Interview. Preference for Posts, is to be indicated in the application. Candidates are requested to note that preference for Posts once exercised will be final. Request for change of preference will not be considered under any circumstance. For the post of Assistant in CSS, candidate shall have not more than three attempts unless covered by any of the exceptions notified by Government of India
Scheme of Examination: The examination will be conducted in three tiers as mentioned below.
Scheme of the Examination for different posts will be as followed
The written examination will consist of one objective type paper as shown below:
Post Tier I Examination Tier II Examination Interview Proficiency/ Skill Test
Total Marks
Posts for which Interview is prescribed other than Statistical Investigator Grade-II A. General Intelligence + Reasoning- 50 marks
B. Gen. Awareness-50 marks
C. Quantitative Aptitude- 50 marks
D. English Comprehension- 50 marks
Total Marks - 200
For VH: 2 hours 40 minutes I.Quantitative Abilities: 200 marks (100 Questions)
For VH: 2hours 40 minutes where eligible.
II.English Language &
Comprehension: 200 marks.
Total Marks: 400
Duration : 2 hours
For VH: 2 hours 40 minutes wherever eligible. 100 marks Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) for post of Assistant in CSS only 700 marks
Posts for which no Interview is prescribed, other than Compiler -do- -do- No Data Entry Skill Test at Speed of 8000 key depression per hour for post of Tax Assistant 600 marks
Statistical Investigator Grade-II -do- Paper-I & II as above 400 marks
Paper-III Statistics 200 mark 100 marks - 800 marks
Compiler -do- -do- No - 900 marks

NOTE: There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Tier-I. In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and III and 0.50 marks in Paper-I for each wrong answer.
Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering thequestions.
Personality/ Test/ Interview/ Computer Proficiency Test or Skill Test (wherever applicable): For posts for which Interview cum Personality Test is prescribed, the Personality Test/ interview will carry a maximum of 100 marks. The interview will be held at the Commission‘s Regional/Sub Regional Offices of the Commission or at any other place as decided by the Commission. The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test at 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes will be of qualifying nature for Tax Assistant. There will be Physical Standard Test for the post of Inspector.
Detailed Syllabus
Find other details on Combined Graduate Level (Tier I) Examination 2012
than
22nd June 2012, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

What and which book read for incometax officer exam?
22nd June 2012, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

sir i m ordiniary student can i get job and success in ssc..email id [email protected]
22nd June 2012, 09:46 PM
guruvana244

Thumbs up Re: Syllabus and Tips to prepare for SSC Graduate Level Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What and which book read for incometax officer exam?
[SIZE=5]
[/SIZE][SIZE=5]

[SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Best books for SSC graduate level exam

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

1.SSC Combined Graduate Level Preliminary Examination (Paperback)
by Joon, Sanjeev
Publisher: Tata Mc-graw Hill Publishing Co.ltd.-new Delhi

2.SSC Combined Graduate...
by Ashok Mehta Arora

3.Popular Master Guide S.S.C....
by R. Gupta's

4.SSC Graduate Level (Tier-I)...
by Rph Editorial Board

5.SSC Graduate Level (Main) Guide
by Editorialrph Board

good luck
25th June 2012, 07:00 AM
Unregistered

can u help me to get prepare online myself
please mail me related links on my email :[email protected]

mail me all links so that i can prepare myself to SSC which is held in 1/07/12
please this is kind of urgent
25th June 2012, 07:05 AM
lpyogu

please guide me to prepare my self online for SSC exam which is held at 1.07.12 cming sunday..
please mail me all related links on my email id :[email protected]

please send me all related links so that i can prepare for exam
2nd July 2012, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

i want to know how to prepare for gk specially in science and economics part......
plz reply me on [email protected]
3rd July 2012, 02:57 AM
Unregistered

which book or books will u suggest to prepare for ssc cgl tier 2 exam? For statstical investigator, one must take 3 paper in tier 2... Plz clearify
12th July 2012, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Which book is beter for ssc main Advance math and geometry
5th October 2012, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

please suggest me coaching centers for SSC cgl in Bangalore
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?