24th March 2016, 10:55 PM
Vishwanath Garg

Is there any age relaxation available for scheduled caste candidates for getting a government job?

Sir/Mam,

Is there any age relaxation available for scheduled caste candidates for getting a government job? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which is followed for getting the job? It will be really easy for me if you can provide me the instructions.

Thanks!

25th March 2016, 12:30 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any age relaxation available for scheduled caste candidates for getting a government job?

Yes, for all most all the government jobs entrance examination for recruitment for jobs there is relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST candidates.

There is minimum 5 years relaxation in upper age limit for candidates of reserved category ( SC/ST).

The minimum eligibility to appear for examination vary for different jobs. So kindly give us the information about examination you want to appear to get details.
25th March 2016, 10:15 AM
A033bhishek

Default Re: Is there any age relaxation available for scheduled caste candidates for getting a government job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishwanath Garg View Post
Sir/Mam,

Is there any age relaxation available for scheduled caste candidates for getting a government job? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which is followed for getting the job? It will be really easy for me if you can provide me the instructions.

Thanks!
Dear Aspirant,
Yes, There is a provision in the constitution of India that criteria for those candidates who belong to some reserved catagory have given some relaxation.
Seat reserved>>
Here out of total, 49.5% seats are reserved for reserved catagory (OBC = 27% , SC = 15% & ST = 7.5%)
Age relaxation>>
to get any government jobs age can be extended upto 3 years for OBC & 5 years for SC & ST aspirants.
good luck.
25th March 2016, 02:04 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

To getting a govt. sector the criteria is same for all the casts, but in case of age and percentage different casts get different age relaxation and different percentage criteria.
The BC cast candidate get 3 years age relaxation in govt. sector jobs.
The SC/ST cast candidates get 5 years age relaxation in govt. sector jobs.
For SC/ST cast candidate the minimum percentage required to compete for a govt. sector exam is 45% (in case of Gen 50% minimum requirement).

But if you go for the defense sector than there is not any provisional regarding age relaxation. The age criteria for the all casts are same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?