13th April 2012, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

Is there any chance for me to get into Indian Navy having completed Graduation from Mumbai University in B.Sc IT in 2nd attempt?

I had completed my graduation from Mumbai univercty..in bsc(it) field..in 2nd attemp i had cleared it,so is ther any chance to get enter in cruse line or in indian navy..?
plz reply..?

13th April 2012, 03:25 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Is there any chance for me to get into Indian Navy having completed Graduation from Mumbai University in B.Sc IT in 2nd attempt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had completed my graduation from Mumbai univercty..in bsc(it) field..in 2nd attemp i had cleared it,so is ther any chance to get enter in cruse line or in indian navy..?
plz reply..?

Hi friend,

UPSC conducts entrance exam for Merchant Navy.For Merchant Navy entrance exam
conducted every year by UPSC.

To join UPSC you have to apply for entrance exam conducted by UPSC.to apply for entrance exam of Merchant Nany you have to pass your graduation.after graduation you can apply for Merchant navy entrance exam.

Age limit for Merchant Navy is 21-30 year.after this you can't apply for this exam.
There are various modes of entries into Merchant Navy.

As a DECK CADET.: You can have to undergo 12 months of pre-sean training the minimum requirement is you have passed your class 12 (PCM) if you have scored at least 60% aggregate.Appearing candidates can get provissional admission.

As an OFFICER: For that you have to acquire at least a B.sc (Nautical science).Appearing candidates can get provissional admission.

As a TRAINEE OR 5TH ENGINEER: For that you have to persue B.tech (Marine engineering). Or mechanical,electronics & telecomunication and electrical engineers can join it directly after persuing a 10 months pre-sea training in Merine engineering.So you have to go for this training. IT is offered by many institutes across India (For example- MERI,Kolkata etc.) or also by recruiting company itself.Appearing candidates can get provissional admission.

Check Above the list of institutes which offers direct as well as entrance based admission to all above mentioned courses in Merchant Navy.

Notification for merchant Navy entrance exam released by UPSC every year.you have to visit the website of UPSC for notification-

http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?