22nd May 2015, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service if completed 12th in 2nd attempt?

Hello,
I am good in studies and I am interested in to join Indian Police Service. But I was once fail in my 12th and passed in 2nd attempt. I am also doing Graduation B.Com. So, please tell me I am eligible to join Indian Police Service?

23rd May 2015, 06:41 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service if completed 12th in 2nd attempt?

Of course yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in Indian Police Service Entrance Examination called Civil Services Aptitude Test. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for IPS services is "Candidates must have passed Graduation or Bachelor Degree" from a recognized university. You must have finally passed the respective educational qualification, this is what actually matters. Since you have finally cleared the backlog in 12th Class, I can say that you are eligible to appear in CSAT Examination. But remember, you must have passed B.Com to be eligible for Indian Police Service Examination or you are also eligible for this when you are appearing final year of B.Com. The minimum age required to be eligible for this recruitment is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years. Since you have finally passed 12th Class, apply for CSAT Examination when you will be in final year of B.Com.
23rd May 2015, 11:47 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service if completed 12th in 2nd attempt?

No problem dear you are absolutely eligible to apply for Civil's Examination if you have failed in 12th at first attempt. Since the reason behind that is you need to be in a position must submit the Original Certificates at the time of Civil's Interview.

So according to that criteria you have already successfully completed the 12th from the recognized university. And one more thing I want clarifying you is if you are doing a " Graduation " Now then you are not eligible to apply.

Only the candidates who have completed the graduation or final year students of graduation are only eligible to apply for Civil's.

More over you should have a age in between 21 to 30 years. There is also a Age relaxation for reserved candidates as per the government norms.

Besides this there is No requirement of percentage criteria for Civil's Examination.

Selection procedure :

1.Prelims

2.Main's

3.Interview
23rd May 2015, 11:50 PM
Ashwakh

Yes , you can apply for the IPS exam after completion of your B.com. There is no problem with your 12th passed subject in the Second attempt. Your 12th will not come in to count for the exam . Your Graduation is needed to apply for the exam . You should complete Graduation from a recognised university to apply for the IPS exam .

To apply for the IPS exam ,
* Your age shouldbe in between 21-30 years only , if you belong to General category
* Your age shouldbe in between 21-33 years only , if you belong to OBC Category
* Your age shouldbe in between 21-35 years only , if you belong to SC or ST category.
* You shouldbe a citizen of India.

Selection process is ,

1. Preliminary exam
2. Main exam
3. Interview

-> Maximum number of attempts for the General category candidates is 4
-> Maximum number of attempts for the OBC Category candidates is 7
-> There is no limit in number of attempts for the SC , ST category candidates.
24th May 2015, 12:57 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course, you are eligible to apply for IPS examination after completing B.Com course. Don't worry about your 12th standard attempt examination because they won't consider your 12th marks. They will take account only your graduation. So, after completing graduation you are definitely eligible to apply for IPS Examination.

An aspirant should have completed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university. An aspirant age should be between 21-32 years as on 1st August of the year of examination. Three years relaxation is applicable for OBC candidates and five years relaxation is applicable for SC/ST candidates. Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply.

Official Website: Click Here
24th May 2015, 06:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am good in studies and I am interested in to join Indian Police Service. But I was once fail in my 12th and passed in 2nd attempt. I am also doing Graduation B.Com. So, please tell me I am eligible to join Indian Police Service?
After completion of B.Com degree, you can apply for IPS exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Optional subjects:-

Agriculture, Management, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mathematics, Anthropology, Mechanical Engineering, Botany,Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics,Commerce & Accountancy, Political, Science & International Relations, Economics, Psychology, Electrical Engineering , Public,Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian History, Zoology, Law.

Mains subjects:-

Arabic, Gujarati, Manipuri, Sanskrit, Assamese, Hindi, Nepali, Sindhi, Bengali, Kannada, Oriya, Tamil, Chinese, Kashmiri, Pali, Telugu, English, Konkani, Persian, Urdu, French, Marathi, Punjabi, German, Malayalam, Russian.
14th July 2015, 07:53 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends....................

Don’t worry dude you can eligible for IPS exam...

IPS - Indian Police Service

Eligiblity criteria : -

1) The candidates should have completed GRDUATION from a Recognised university

2) The candidate's age should be between 21-30 years , if the candidate is belong to General Category

3) The candidate's age should be between 21-33 years , if the candidate is belong to OBC Category

4) The candidate's age should be between 21-35 years only , if the candidate is belong to SC or ST category

5) The candidate must be a citizen of india

There is a Restriction in Number of Attempts for the IPS exam
Attempts Restriction for the IPS exam : -

For General category candidates , they will have only 4 attempst

For OBC Category candidates , they will have only 7 attempts

For SC or ST categories , they are having unlimited attempts (All the attempts are valid only when the candidate's age is below 35 years)

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?