17th September 2012, 06:16 PM
sandekumar

Is there any chance for SSB after scoring 138 in Maths and 166 in GAT in NDA II

i am ankit kohar i can got 138 in maths & 166 in gat in nda 2 2012 writen plz tell me i have any chance for ssb or not.

16th June 2015, 08:01 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any chance for SSB after scoring 138 in Maths and 166 in GAT in NDA II

NDA stands for the National Defence Academy and the examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. The examination is conducted for the recruitment in Defence Services as officer.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must be pursuing or passed the 10+2 board examination from a recognised board.
* Candidate age must be between 16.5-19 years.
* Only male unmarried candidate are eligible.

The examination is conducted in the month of April as NDA I and in September as NDA II. The examination are conducted in two stages as Written and the SSB and again the written examination contains two paper:-
* Paper I :- Mathematics contains 120 questions of 300 marks.
* Paper II :- General Ability of 600 marks and contains 150 questions.

Both the paper are conducted on the same day with a gap of 30 minutes between them. There is negative marking of 1/3 as mark on a correct answer for each wrong question.

Generally it is observed that the candidate who score more than 30% -35% in each paperqualifies in the written and become eligible for the SSB. So I think your score is at the boundary so tough to give the 100% assurance. For this you have to wait for the result.

The result will be declared on the www.upsc.gov.in.

After qualifying you become eligible for the SSB ( Service Selection Board ) where you have to go with the different type of tasks, interview and Medical before the final recruitment in the Defence services.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?