31st July 2020, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Is there any course or entrance to get in Merchant Navy directly after Intermediate?

Hi, I have completed my 12th Board exams from Science stream with PCM subject group and scored 40% overall in PCM group and 73% in English. I wish to join Merchant Navy. So, what should I do now? Is there any course or entrance or can I join directly?

3rd June 2023, 10:12 AM
eduking

Default Re: Is there any course or entrance to get in Merchant Navy directly after Intermediate?

For merchant Navy jobs you need to have at least 60% marks on class 12th with PCM stream. You can apply for pre-sea training which is necessary to get such jobs. After completion of pre-sea training, you will be eligible for merchant Navy jobs based on your qualification.

You must be fit to apply for such jobs which is the reason pre-sea training is required. Selection will be on merit and for higher level jobs you can pursue courses like Marine engineering and B.Sc Nautical Science.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?