23rd July 2013, 11:50 AM
Kunwar bharat

How should I enroll directly for merchant navy?

I have got an aggregate of 64 with PCM in my class 12. i do not want to do nautical science. I just want to get enrolled in merchant navy. what is the procedure to apply and how much salary can i get?
other things:
1.Do i have to apply online or i have to go somewhere to apply for it.
2.What is the Duration from applying to joining.
3.how can i be permanant on the job.
4.key points for promotion examination.

Kindly reply soon.
Kunwar bharat singh

25th May 2016, 09:55 PM
sah.alok932

Default Re: How should I enroll directly for merchant navy?

There is no direct enroll entry possible in merchant navy,you can not get a entry in merchant navy directly after completing intermediate.In order to get a entry in merchant navy it is important to study various bachelor courses for merchant navy at the undergraduate level after completing intermediate.

B.SC in nautical science is one of them as you do not want to study nautical,lets talk about other possibilities to join merchant navy.Apart from nautical there is one more direct entry possible in merchant navy,named as marine engineering like nautical science it is also a direct entry in marine engineering after completing intermediate.

Marine engineering is a four year engineering course at the undergraduate level specialized course for marine engineering.After completing intermediate,it is necessary to give engineering entrance examination in order to get admission in marine engineering.Apart from nautical science it is the best option to study to join merchant navy.There is one more in addition to above two courses in order to join merchant navy,mechanical engineering is a another engineering course for joining merchant navy,the only difference is it is non-direct entry whereas others are direct entry in merchant navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?