4th June 2017, 03:16 PM
naveenanaani

Is there a way to do B.Tech by discontinuing Diploma?

I did diploma, but i have three backlogs is there any way to do B.Tech with discontinuing diploma or else any courses for one year with out wasting a year or can I write 3 backlogs in this year?

4th June 2017, 10:11 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there a way to do B.Tech by discontinuing Diploma?

No, you can't do B.Tech course by discontinuing Diploma course. You need to qualify three years Diploma course to be eligible to pursue B.Tech course. After completion of your three years Diploma course, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech course through lateral entry admission process. So, you need to qualify your three years Diploma course to be eligible to pursue B.Tech course.
5th June 2017, 12:56 PM
help100%

Don't panic, where there is a will there is a way, so don't need to drop or waste your total year of diploma rather clear the backlogs and btech admission is possible if you are totally passed in diploma through lateral entry, I would better suggest apply in any 1 year certificate course of engineering or management which are in ample number provided by various institutions as because it will save time which is being taken by you to clear your backlog.
5th June 2017, 06:49 PM
rachamallamanoj

Sorry to tell that you can't join B.Tech by discontinuing Diploma course. To join B.Tech you must complete Diploma course that means you must not have any backlogs.

After completing diploma or being in the final year of diploma you can apply for the engineering entrance exam which is conducted every year by the state or central government.

To join B.Tech you must clear all the backlogs. You can get seat in the college basing on the entrance exam score.

The age limit to join B.Tech is 17 - 25 years. You can directly join 2nd year B.Tech course and complete it in 3 years after diploma.
5th June 2017, 11:23 PM
ranu shahi

As per I know, you have to write for your backlogs then after you will become eligible for opting B.Tech.
After completing your diploma, you can get a lateral entry in any reputed institutes of B.Tech means you can get admission in 2nd year directly in B.Tech. There are few seats always available in B.Tech colleges for the diploma holders.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?