3rd February 2012, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Tips to prepare for social science examination?

i would like to have the tips for preparing for social science examination

29th February 2012, 02:00 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Tips to prepare for social science examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

TIPS TO PREPARE FOR SOCIAL SCIENCE EXAMINATION

As you have not mentioned which standard social science exam, I believe its for your board examination. Some of the tips which might help for your preaparation is as follows,

-> As you know Social Science is nothing but a subject which talks History and the past things so there will be lot of years and incidents which you have to remember. So what you can do is to write all the years and incidents which you study from lesson 1 to the last in a notebook or a paper and try to revise it again and again so that you can be memorize it fully.

-> Prepare a schedule i.e make it 30 mins a day or so and go through each lesson and try to finish the whole subject in 2-3 weeks i.e reading up and knowing what all things are there.

-> Once you have done with the readup try to start learning it again so that you wont forget it easily.

-> Try to cover only your syllabus and not beyond that because it will end up in confusing more and more.

-> Use the book which is recommended by your school teacher and learn the things which is taught in that day itself.

These are some tips which can help you to prepare for the exam.. Leave a post if you have any more queries..

Quote:
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
29th February 2012, 03:19 PM
VINU.VINAY21

Default Re: Tips to prepare for social science examination?

Tips for Social Science Examinations are:

1. Try to cover all the topics atleast once because there shouldnot be any topic which you have not heard atleast once.

2.you should be able to write atleast 5 sentences about any question.

3.Try to learn the subject by relating it to some story especially history.

4.Learn the map very well because this is the area where most of them loose marks.

5.Do not try to byheart which is impossible in case of social science.Keep reading the textbook.

6. Do not study only the questions in the back. Read the Text book throughly. Most of the questions will come from the text.

In The Examination Hall:

1. Do not worry. All the questions will be from the textbook. stay cool and go through the questions one by one.

2.Do not leave any question.

3.Try attempting the answers from the back which carries more mark.

4.Write the answers neatly.The examiner should feel that the candidate knows the subject.

5.Write the answers which you know perfectly first. This is only to increase your confidence.

6.Try to write the answers of a section together.

7.Try writing the long answers with a introduction, then the content and then the conclusion in 3 different paragraph.

___________*******ALL THE BEST******________
29th February 2012, 05:06 PM
priyanka_22

Thumbs up Re: Tips to prepare for social science examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Prepare Well with no fear.

• Social Science is not a thing to create Phobia of.
  • Hope for Good.
  • Give Maximum time for the facts to remember as date of events.
  • Make points to rememeber things.
  • Civics is really an easy subject.
  • History invloves dates mainly try to remember them.
[/LIST]

Best Luck for Future.

Quote:
"If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes."
29th February 2012, 05:23 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Test at a Glance

Test Name : Social Studies: Content Knowledge
Test Code : 0081
Time : 2 hours
Number of Questions : 130
Format: Multiple-choice questions

Content Categories Approximate Number of Questions Approximate Percentage ofExam
I. United States History 26 20%
II. World History 26 20%
III. Government/Civics/Political Science 26 20%
IV. Geography 19 15%
V. Economics 19 15%
VI. Behavioral Sciences 13 10%

Social Studies or S.St. (as abbreviated by many), is the subject where majority of students face problem. Most difficult part of S.St. are History and Civics. Though Geography and Economics are not so friendly but those are comparatively easier. Preparation for S.St. needs much time as compared to other subjects as it has four sub-divisions namely History, Civics, Economics and Geography and each of them has huge syllabus.

Some imporatnt books are also attached here :

http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/PRAXIS/img/test%20prep%20img/soc_studies_ck_citizenship_sg.jpg

http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/PRAXIS/img/test%20prep%20img/social_studies_ck_pt.jpg

~regards~
priyo
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SSC.pdf(980.6 KB, 108 views)
File Type: pdf social_science_delhi_x_10.pdf(435.4 KB, 81 views)
26th June 2012, 02:31 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you can do is to write all the years and incidents which you study from lesson 1 to the last in a notebook or a paper and try to revise it again and again so that you can be memorize it fully.Prepare a schedule i.e make it 30 mins a day or so and go through each lesson and try to finish the whole subject in 2-3 weeks i.e reading up and knowing what all things are there. Once you have done with the readup try to start learning it again so that you wont forget it easily.Try to cover only your syllabus and not beyond that because it will end up in confusing more and more.
26th June 2012, 07:06 PM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

to do good result in sociel examination you must be careful in few things beside the good preparation.

1. try to be creative. when you will write an essay or when you will answer descriptive question try to show your creativity. whatever you will write in the paper write intelligently.

2. do not be tensed at the time of examination. if the question is tough then it is tough for everyone. so you should not worry about you. whatever you will know just answer them.

3. try to be prepare for sociel language paper. to do good in this paper you must have good knowledge in sociel. so you must be prepare very well for the sociel subject.

5th February 2014, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

-> Prepare a schedule i.e make it 30 mins a day or so and go through each lesson and try to finish the whole subject in 2-3 weeks i.e reading up and knowing what all things are there.
1st January 2016, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

I have sainik school entrance examination tommorrow how to prepare in 1 day
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?