27th February 2016, 07:18 AM
Sri aurobindo

Is it true that Tamil Nadu state board students will have to appear in entrance exam to get medical seats in Tamil Nadu government medical colleges?

Dear sir/mam
The rumour prevailing now is that students of Tamil Nadu state syllabus of the batch 2016_2017will be appearing for entrance to get medical seats in tamil-nadu government medical colleges and all the self financing colleges that comes under Mgr University. . I wish to know whether it is true or false. Please kindly send me the answer queries.
Sasi

Related Questions:
  1. Would I be consider under Tamil Nadu state quota in engineering/medical entrance exam? I belong to Tamil Nadu but I am studying(In 10th std) in Noida due to my father's job
  2. How to take admission in Annamalai Engineering College?
  3. If I continued my studies in KV till 12th then will it be difficult for me to join degree colleges? Will i get admission in MBBS/Engineering colleges in Tamilnadu at par with students of Tamilnadu?
  4. How many seats are reserved in MBBS in Tamil Nadu for other state students?
  5. Can I get a seat for MBBS in Tamilnadu Government Medical College after scoring 191.25 cutoff marks?
  6. Are medical seats available in government medical colleges of Tamilnadu for foreign students
  7. Is it difficult to get MBBS colleges at Tamil Nadu for CBSE students? Cutoff marks required in NEET to get 15% All India Quota?
  8. List of self financing MBBS medical colleges in Tamilnadu? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Studies in Philippines Medical College for a student of Tamil Nadu?
  10. Which college can I get with 191.25 marks in High Secondary in Tamilnadu? Which is preferable, either Tamil nadu medical college or Tamil nadu Private medical college? I belong to MBC category
  11. Which are the government medical colleges in Tamilnadu? What is the syllabus?
  12. Entrance exams available to get admission in Medical in government colleges of Tamil Nadu?
  13. Will the Tamilnadu Government increase the medical seats?
  14. How may I get details about entrance and non entrance exam for MBBS? Number of seats available in Tamil Nadu? How may I get a seat?
  15. Information about Tamilnadu medical seats? How many medical colleges seats are there in Tamilnadu?
  16. Can I get MBBS seat in Government Medical Colleges of Tamil Nadu with 187 cut off marks?
  17. Recognized university in which I can do Ph.D after completing MSc Computer Science?
  18. List of institutes offering MBBS course after B. Pharmacy?
10th January 2018, 10:45 PM
kachhadiyasarika
Member+

Default Re: Is it true that Tamil Nadu state board students will have to appear in entrance exam to get medical seats in Tamil Nadu government medical colleges?

Yes. Medical Admission into medical colleges in Tamilnadu will be based on national level entrance NEET. No any state level entrance for medical admission in Tamilnadu. For admission, You are required to appear the NEET and apply for medical admission to Dr. MGR Medical University. 85% seats will be filled from candidates of Tamilnadu state. Other 15% seats will be filled from All India Quota seats.

Eligibility
- You must have passed 12th class with PCB and English subject with at least 50% from a recognized university.
- Age Limit : 17 to 25 Years. Upper age relaxation available 3 years to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST.
- You are required to appear entrance exam NEET.

NEET Exam Pattern
- Number of Questions : 180
- Maximum Marks : 360
- Exam Duration : 3 Hours
- For each incorrect answer, -1 Mark will be deducted.

Tentative Dates of Admission
- Registration Starts : June, 2018
- Last Date of Registration : July, 2018
- Declaration of Merit List : July, 2018
- Counselling Starts : July End, 2018
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?