11th March 2020, 04:13 PM
Amritha B Nair

Are we eligible to apply for UGC NET while studying MCA?

I have completed my BCA from one of a UGC college and now I'm doing my MCA. Can I apply for UGC NET exam and which subject is best suitable for me to take in UGC NET?

13th March 2020, 04:26 PM
amish25
Junior Member+

Default Re: Are we eligible to apply for UGC NET while studying MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amritha B Nair View Post
I have completed my BCA from one of a UGC college and now I'm doing my MCA. Can I apply for UGC NET exam and which subject is best suitable for me to take in UGC NET?
Hello Amritha, you will be eligible to apply for UGC NET exam after completed the post graduation.

The UGC NET eligibility criteria is as following:
Educational: The candidates must have completed master's degree with 55% aggregate marks from UGC approved institutes.

The candidates who's result is awaited or are in final year, are also eligible to apply for the exam, however they have to produce the finial mark-sheet or complete PG within 2 years from qualifying the NET exam.

Age: The candidates can apply for NET JRF till 30 years of the age while there is no age limit to apply for UGC NET Lectureship.

The reserved category candidates are eligible to avail the reservation provided by exam authority.

after completing the MCA degree you should apply for UGC NET computer science and application subject.
13th March 2020, 09:16 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and it is held twice every year by NTA (National Testing Agency) for the recruitment of Assistant Professor and JRFs across various recognised university.

Further, the minimum education required to appearing in the same examination is a Master's degree in concerned paper with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category. Students pursuing final year of their Master's degree are also eligible.

So, being a student of MCA degree course, you are eligible to apply for UGC NET with Computer Applications as your paper as a candidate is allowed to appear in the same examination in that paper only in which he/she has completed his/her Master's.

For more details regarding the same examination, you can visit its official link www.ntanet.nic.in.
13th March 2020, 09:36 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for the UGC NET exam but you must have minimum 55% in MCA( For general category or 50% for other SC/ ST/ OBC category).
And you have to choose the computer field because in the UGC NET exam if you choose the mathematics then they will ask questions from the master degree which you have not done in maths.
So, you will be face problems, better to choose the computer field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?