29th February 2016, 10:30 AM
jyo123ti

Will I be eligible to apply for NET exam if I have completed MCA from a college where the UGC approval was withdrawn?

Sir/Mam,
I have completed MCA from Shobhit University,Meerut through distance mode(lateral entry) .When i had joined it was approved by both ugc and dec.After an year,its approval has been withdrawn and further admissions stopped.Only those already admitted are allowed to continue. I want to know whether my degree will be considered valid and whether i am eligible to appear for net jrf in computer science and applications?Please help.

29th February 2016, 11:41 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible to apply for NET exam if I have completed MCA from a college where the UGC approval was withdrawn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyo123ti View Post
Sir/Mam,
I have completed MCA from Shobhit University,Meerut through distance mode(lateral entry) .When i had joined it was approved by both ugc and dec.After an year,its approval has been withdrawn and further admissions stopped.Only those already admitted are allowed to continue. I want to know whether my degree will be considered valid and whether i am eligible to appear for net jrf in computer science and applications?Please help.
You have completed MCA degree. But your masters degree is not approved by UGC so you are not eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidate who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55%and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its hold 50% above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
29th February 2016, 03:22 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible to apply for NET exam if I have completed MCA from a college where the UGC approval was withdrawn?

It is necessary to pass Master's degree from a UGC recognized university to become eligible for NET exam.

Yes, you will be eligible to apply for NET exam.

NET(National Eligibility Test) entrance exam is conducted by UGC twice in a year in the month of June and December .

The eligibility criteria for the NET exam are as under :-

-The candidate should have completed Masters degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) from universities / institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-The candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories must have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) in Masters degree.

-The candidates appearing for JRF should not be above 28 years of age. The candidates appearing only for lectureship have no upper age limit. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped.

The selection process involves of

* Written exam , and

* Interview .
29th February 2016, 06:16 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Yes you are 100 % eligible for NET JRF in computer science as when you have taken admission in that college, the college was approved by UGC. So your degree is also valid.
29th February 2016, 06:25 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The degree obtained by candidates from Shobbit University, Meerut before its approval by withdrawn by University Grants Commission and Distance Education council will remain valid for all type of government job exams and higher studies. Private universities have to fulfill certain norms and if they fail to fulfill the required aim then their approval is taken away by UGC. Degrees issued within that duration of ultimatum remain valid.

You will be eligible for National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellowship or Lectureship. You must have 55% marks in master's degree and for JRF, your age should not be more than 28 years and no upper age limit for Lectureship.
29th February 2016, 10:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Only candidates whose master's degree are approved by University Grants Commission are eligible to apply for National Eligibility Test.

Candidates who master's degree is not approved or whose institute is not approved by UGC is not eligible for NET exam.

You are not eligible for NET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?