1st March 2018, 03:19 PM

What is the admission criteria for B.Sc in Agriculture and how to apply for entrance exams?

My daughter wants to study B.Sc Agriculture. How can she get admission in any of the government colleges? How can I apply and select entrance exam for the course of B.SC Agriculture? Also, give fees structure.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria and admission procedure for B.Sc in Agriculture?
  2. How to apply for B.Sc(agriculture)? Is EAMCET rank needed to get a seat in B.Sc(agriculture)? List of exams I should write to get admission in the same?
  3. Which subjects are required in 12th for BSc Agriculture? Fee structure for admission in BSc Agriculture? What is the admission procedure of various agriculture colleges in Maharashtra? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is the criteria followed for getting admission for M.Sc Agriculture course?
  5. Eligibility criteria to study BSc in Agriculture in Indian Colleges? How to get admission?
  6. What should I do for taking up architectural engineering after completion of SSC exam with 80%? Diploma course or 11th and 12th?
  7. Is there any entrance exam for BSc in Agriculture and B.Tech in Agriculture? How can I apply? Last date for application?
  8. Admission in B.Sc Agriculture is possible without clearing the entrance exam?
  9. Am I eligible to get admission for BSc Agriculture if I have scored very less marks in intermediate?
  10. How to apply for admission for BSc In agriculture or Biotechnology correspondence course?
  11. Can I do B.Sc course after completion of 12th class in Arts stream?
  12. How to claim application form for B.Sc Agriculture? Criteria to get admission in top colleges?
  13. Procedure to get admission for B.Sc in Agriculture in PAU? Date of PAU entrance exam of B.Sc agriculture?
  14. How to apply for Agriculture BSc in AP? Is there any entrance for this course?
  15. What is the procedure to get admission in B.Sc Agriculture? Do I need to write any entrance exam?
  16. Entrance exam available to study BSc(Agriculture) for 12th PCM student? -- [New]
  17. How to get admission in BSC Agriculture? List of good colleges in Kerala?
  18. Details about BSc Agriculture entrance exam notification? Best institutes for BSc Agriculture course in Kerala?
4th March 2018, 02:52 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the admission criteria for B.Sc in Agriculture and how to apply for entrance exams?

The all India level entrance examination conducted for admission in government colleges of Bachelor of Science in Agriculture is All India Entrance Examination for Admission.

AIEEA is conducted by ICAR, which is an autonomous body under Ministry of Agriculture. Candidates who have done 12th with PCM or PCB with at least 50% marks can apply for this exam.

You should keep visiting the official website of ICAR for latest updates about AIEEA 2018. After notification is available, you can apply for the examination.
4th March 2018, 06:04 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the admission criteria for B.Sc in Agriculture and how to apply for entrance exams?

B.Sc ( Bachelor of Science ) in Agriculture is an undergraduate degree course with a very good career scope in country like India which is a agriculture based country.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing B.Sc in Agriculture degree course is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics/ Agriculture with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education.

As far as you are concerned about the details of entrance examinations for seeking admission in government agriculture colleges then I would like to let you know that for seeking admission in centrally funded agricultural colleges you need to qualify AIEEA UG examination held by ICAR where as for admission state government agricultural colleges you need to qualify concerned state CETs ( Common Entrance Test ).

For more details regarding AIEEA UG you can refer to the link www.icar.org.in where as for details regarding different state CETs you can refer to its concerned official link.
4th March 2018, 08:32 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc in Agriculture is four-year duration course. The entrance examination is conducted for admission in the course by various institutes.

ICAR conducts entrance examination for admission in central government institutes for the course.

The required qualification to appear for entrance examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as the main paper.

Private institutes also conduct the entrance test for admission in the course.

The fee structure varies with institutes, so kindly visit the official website for detail information about admission.
5th March 2018, 12:38 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear in entrance examination for admission in B.Sc Agriculture ( 4 years ) course is that :-

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination.

Candidate must have Physics, Chemistry with Biology or Mathematics as main paper.

The required aggregate and age limit varies with examination.

The most common entrance examination for admission in the course is AIEEA which is conducted by ICAR.

BHU, PU also conducts entrance test for admission in the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?