28th January 2012, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

What are the appropriate summer projects in electrical engineering?

i am a student of NIT SILCHAR 4rth sem electrical engg.... i want to know about summer projects in electrical engg... what should i do to get a appropriate project

Related Questions:
  1. How to get previous year papers for ICWA?
  2. Summer training after 3rd year Electrical Engineering? Procedure to register?
  3. Names of institutes which conduct summer projects for NIT students for 2 months?
  4. What is the procedure followed for applying summer internship in IISC if I am from Electrical and Electronics background? -- [New]
  5. Any projects of Biotechnology available during summer? How to apply for those projects?
  6. Summer internship for 1st year undergraduate (electrical engineering)?
  7. Projects available for Internship in IVRCL Infrastructures & Projects Ltd., Hyderabad for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 7th semester student?
  8. Companies offering Summer Internship to B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) student in India?
  9. How to do summer internship if I am a student of 3rd year electrical engineering?
  10. Summer training at BHEL after B.Tech (Electrical engineering) 3rd year?
  11. Which are the companies related to electrical engineering which give summer training
  12. List of companies a B.Tech(Electricial engineer) 2nd year student can apply for summer internship program?
  13. Can I be enrolled in summer projects for lecturers?
  14. How to do summer training in Kolkata, Bokaro after passing B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering
  15. Summer internship for B.Tech Electrical from IIT K?
  16. Summer training in BHEL for Electrical Engineering B.Tech. student? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. List of companies which offer Summer Internship to B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) 3rd year student in Bihar?
  18. Details of summer vocational training after Engineering in Electrical Instrumentation II year?
28th January 2012, 10:58 PM
rvidyasagar

Default Re: What are the appropriate summer projects in electrical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a student of NIT SILCHAR 4rth sem electrical engg.... i want to know about summer projects in electrical engg... what should i do to get a appropriate project
By the end of the fourth semester, you would not picked up substantial engg concepts.

Hence, i suggest the following simple topics:

Study of Transformer and its maintenance schedule
Study of Switchgear panel and the protection ratings
Study of energy consumption and review for conservation of energy
Study of Power Factor and measures to improve the PF
Study of tariffs and their applicability
Study of motors and their maintenance schedule
Study of earthing system and its measurements
Study of various cables used in the system
Study of Protective systems and their efficacy

In the final year, you may go for a more focussed Project in a subject of your liking, provided you get a trainer firm for that subject.

All the best.
29th January 2012, 08:25 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

For every Engineering students at the last or Before Semester Do one project
for Hoiw they aquire knowledge in 4 years that tested.

But for this you Electrical Students for practice this things
you Practice in Summer for do projects...:-

Projects likes:-

Mobile technology (GSM) based remote monitoring and control of digital Energy meter. Useful for Electricity Department personal for remote meter reading. Also useful to disconnect the power supply to consumer in case of non-payment of electric bill. This is also used to exchange messages like power cut timings with the consumers.

Controlling AC lamp Dimmer through Mobile Phone (IEEE-2010).

Multiple Transformers oil temperature monitoring with automatic circuit breaker operation with SMS based alerts.

A Novel Wireless Self-powered Microcontroller-based Monitoring Circuit for Photovoltaic Panels in Grid-connected Systems (IEEE-2010).

Wireless Energy Meter reading on hand-help device based on RF Transceiver.
SCADA implementation based on wireless RF technology. (IEEE-2009).

Method of Measuring Power Quality and Development of Monitor Device (IEEE-2010).

Motor speed monitoring and control system using GSM modem.

A Smart Card Based Prepaid Electricity System.

High voltage fuse blown indicator with Voice based announcement system.

Voice enabled devices switching for visually impaired.

Industrial/power grid electrical parameter Data Acquisition system through wireless technology.

DC Motors speed synchronization for rolling mills.

Touch Screen based digital devices control system. This project is to build a Graphical LCD Touch Screen interface for switching electrical devices. The controlled devices can be of high voltage or low voltage.

Construction of central control unit for Irrigation water pumps. Cost effective method to control entire villagers water pumps with user level authentication. Illiterates friendly system.
22nd September 2012, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

i want to make a mini project in electrical engg as a student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?