16th December 2010, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

What is B.Tech Architecture course? Eligibility criteria needed for B.Arch course?

Respected sir
what is b.tech(architecture)course?sir,i want to know the eligibility criteria needed for b.arch course other than b.tech course.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to get a seat in Civil/Architecture after securing 62 in B.Tech and 33 in B.Arch in Meghalaya?
  2. B.Arch course is good for future? Next level after doing B.Arch?
  3. How to get admission in DCRUST? I have scored 82/200 in NATA exam
  4. What is B.Tech Architecture course? Eligibility criteria needed for B.Arch course?
  5. How to join B.Arch in Architecture after passing diploma in Architecture Assistantship?
  6. Admission in Architect course is possible after passing 10th? How much percentage is required in 10th and names of the recommended universities?
  7. List of colleges offering diploma in Architecture in Ahmedabad? What is the procedure of selection? Is there any weightage given to diploma holders?
  8. AIEEE BArch. Rank required for admission in architecture -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the scope for B.Arch?
  10. Is it necessary to have studied science in 12th for B.Arch admission?
  11. Percentage is required in graduation to appear in exam of M.A. English Literature?
  12. In which college can I get after scoring 259.6 B.Arch rank?
  13. What is the eligibility criteria needed for doing B.Sc course? -- [New]
  14. What is the eligibility criteria needed for applying internship for B.Tech students?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria and procedure followed for joining school of planing and architecture?
  16. Eligibility criteria for Architecture course in JJ School of Arts?
  17. Eligibility criteria to study Architecture after Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  18. Is it possible to do Architecture by taking commerce stream in +2? Duration of the course and scope after it?
17th December 2010, 03:28 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is B.Tech Architecture course? Eligibility criteria needed for B.Arch course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir
what is b.tech(architecture)course?sir,i want to know the eligibility criteria needed for b.arch course other than b.tech course.
Dear Friend

Bachelor of Architecture or B.Arch. is the branch of engineering which is
related to Planning, Designing and Construction works before the starting a
particular project.
The designing or planning can be done for a mall, market, roads and even a city.
This course is really one of the top engineering branches and very demanding one.
You can assume a very good future after studying this.
The eligibility for this course is 12th passed with PCM as main subjects.
The best entrance exams for this course are
IIT-JEE
NATA
AIEEE

Visit the website of the respective exams for details.

Thank YOu
17th December 2010, 03:45 PM
M M M

Default Re: What is B.Tech Architecture course? Eligibility criteria needed for B.Arch course?

Dear Friend ,

B.Tech Architecture is a divison of B.Tech Engineering where the designing, planning and construction of buildings come under consideration . Its really a field for those with good imaginative and creative power , where you have something to do of your own , where you can make your dream of making your imaginations solid , come true . For eg : You can put into practise your new ideas of interior divisions , which you fell is somthing new and creative , in homes that you design.... Its really something great to see that your thoughts are implemented and used....

Dear Friend , one thing very important you want to note is that , there are 5year & 4year courses . Eventhough the general pattern of study materials are the same , there are differences in both . Its based on the university and study pattern you choose .

Basic eligibility of B.Arch is 10+2 mark score . There are institutions which give you direct entry considering the 10+2 marks OR in other cases they consider the result of entrance exams they conducted along with 10+2 pass OR both .

It you are a student who wish to join an esteemed institution and study , then I recommend to write AIEEE entrance examination , where you need to pay an extra amount and register for the Architectural Entrance Exam . Some free previous questionpaper download is....

http://www.ziddu.com/download/11273803/2010Aieee.pdf.html http://www.ziddu.com/download/11273773/2008Aieee.pdf.html http://www.ziddu.com/download/11273757/2007Aieee.pdf.html http://www.ziddu.com/download/11273737/2006Aieee.pdf.html http://www.ziddu.com/download/11273722/2005Aieee.pdf.html

Or Visit....

http://www.architecturentrance.blogspot.com

Prepare well , Studywell....

ALL THE BEST....

V M M M V
17th December 2010, 07:20 PM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:
Respected sir
The eligibility criteria is same as the B.Tech course. You should have mathematics as your background and at least 5o% marks in aggregate at 10+2 level.

The optional subjects are Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology, Engineering Drawing etc.

The following are the major areas in Architecture Course:
1. Architecture
2. Building Construction Technology
3. Interior Design
4. Planning etc.
17th December 2010, 09:48 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

b.arch just like b.tech course but it is bachelor in architecture(B.Arch).

if you go for B.arch you have to study on architecture of any technical component and other thing. you will get job as a designer if you study on b.arch.

the admission procedure is same like b.tech. you have to appear in engineering entrance examination as for B.tech. the entrance examination are same for both b.tech and b.arch but paper is different. like in JEE there is b.arch examination. for this you have to fill up the form separately.

the job opportunity and scope is very good for b.arch student. there are so many post in each company for B.arch student. even you may consider it as better than b.tech. but you should have interest on it.

best wishes.
18th December 2010, 01:47 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

B.Arch is the course in which you are taught about the design of buildings, bridges,auditorium etc.
To get admission in th BArch course, you have to pass your +2 in PCM.To get admission in the BArch course you have to clear the exam of AIEEE.Note that you have to give the exam of additional paper that is called drawing.So, if you are good in drawing and you are full of innovative ideas then you can join BArch courses.

Best of luck
18th December 2010, 05:11 AM
SUMAN BHARADWAJ

Quote:
Respected sir
It is just like other engineering courses.This course teaches you to plan and design a particular building etc.The duration of course is 4 years.The eligibility criteria is 10+2 with physics,chemistry&math.
18th December 2010, 09:04 AM
raja jeganathan

minimum eligibility is Class XII with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or equivalent

all the best
18th December 2010, 01:44 PM

B.Arch is Bachelor of Architecture.it is just like an engineering degree but in this you have more architectural work i.e. more practical training rather than professional examination or somethingelse.
the criteria is simply 12th pass students
18th December 2010, 02:52 PM
santosh dhoundiyal

B.Arch Candidates who have passed (10+2) or equivalent with not less than 50% marks with mathematics and English as subjects of Examination are eligible to apply for Architecture Course. 3 year Diploma holders with at least 50% marks will be eligible for the admission to 1st year of a 5-year B.Arch. course subject to an aptitude test.
18th December 2010, 04:33 PM
canitesh

Smile Re: What is B.Tech Architecture course? Eligibility criteria needed for B.Arch course?

Course Group: B.Tech
Course Name: B.Tech Architecture
Category: Graduation
Duration: 4 Years
Details: Eligibility : Higher Secondary (P,C,M), Admission is based on All India Engineering / Architecture Entrance Examination (AIEEE) Opportunities : Architect

List of colleges offering B.Tech B.Tech Architecture courses

College Name University State
College of Engineering Kerala University Kerala
Government Engineering College Calicut University Kerala
Anjuman Institute of Technology and Management Visvesvaraya Technological University Karnataka
National Institute of Technology National Institute of Technology Himachal Pradesh
RIMT- Institute of Engg. And Tech. Punjab Technical University punjab
Bharath University Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research Tamil Nadu
Periyar Maniammai University Tamil Nadu
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur West Bengal
Integral University Integral University Uttar Pradesh
S.R.M. Engineering College SRM University Tamil Nadu
Faculty of Engineering & Technology Jadavpur Jadavpur University West Bengal
MES College of Engineering Calicut University Kerala
Pillai's College Of Architecture University of Mumbai(Bombay) Maharashtra
Lucknow College of Architecture Gautam Buddh Technical University Uttar Pradesh
R.V. College of Engineering Visvesvaraya Technological University Karnataka
Buddha Group of Institutions Rajasthan Technical University Rajasthan
SHREE BANKEY BIHARI GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS Gautam Buddh Technical University Uttar Pradesh
Ajay Binay Institute of Technology Biju Patnaik University of Technology Orissa
Hindustan University Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science Tamil Nadu
25th January 2011, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

what all subjects are there in b.arch.
28th February 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

i want to know about the exam nata exam ?and when we have to give the exam????plzz tell???
19th March 2011, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Is it enough if we clear the NATA exam for architecture???
22nd March 2011, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

how to apply for get a b tech(arch) course ?
27th April 2011, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

BEJINA ANNIE THOMAS:I am a Commerce with Maths student. I would like to know if I can apply for Architecture
27th April 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

sir i got only 48%marks in pcm.can i get b arch. is it needed to write nata compulsorily.any option to join b.arch may i have eligibility to join deemed university......
9th May 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

sir i am an diploma holder in computer science wit 59%. am i eligible to join B.arch? plz suggest me....
12th May 2011, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

which is better b tec architecture or b. arch
5th June 2011, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

hi sir, i have done my BCa.i wish to b.arch now.can i apply for the course????
28th August 2011, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary to give nata?? or pcm is enough?? plz tell...
1st January 2012, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

I had applied to all india B-arch examination.Got 64%mark in 2 but in maths scored only 47% mark,will i get admission in a good collage
20th June 2012, 05:55 AM
Unregistered

sir hec(history,economics,civics) students are they eligible to do btech architecture?
31st December 2012, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Is B .ARCH a computer designing course or a project designing course as civil students have?
8th January 2013, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir i hve commerce stream n am doing engneering graphics course also......i hve maths and english also as subjects in the stream.....will i able to give NATA.....so that scoring gud marks in NATA i can get admission in a gud college
4th March 2013, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

does the student having pcb combination will be eligible for b.arch course?
4th March 2013, 10:35 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

The Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) is an undergraduate academic degree designed to satisfy the academic component of professional accreditation bodies, to be followed by a period of practical training prior to professional examination and registration.

In order to get admission in various institutes offering Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch), you will have to qualify any of the following entrance examinations:

All India Engineering Entrance Examination
National Aptitude Test in Architecture
Common Entrance Test conducted by respective states

Apart from the aforementioned entrance examination, there are various institutes which conducts their own entrance test to consider students for admission into the B.Arch program.

In order to be considered eligible for any of the entrance examination mentioned above, you must have qualified +2 level of examination with Mathematics as one of the major subjects. For further information, refer to the official website of the Institutes you will be pursuing the course from.
31st March 2013, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

I have just finished my 12th exam from CBSE board in ART stream with subjects ,1. Economics 2. History 3. Political Science 4.Hindi 5. English 6.Physical Education
May i get admission in architecture engg. , if yes please tell me about this course and the collages in delhi, where i can get admission,, or otherwise suggest me some other better course where i can proceed my carrier softly.
Thanks
23rd April 2013, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

sir i m in commerce with maths stream i want to do B.ARCH can i do it plz suggest me n alo tell the salary
27th May 2013, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

sir i hav only30%in chemistry of 2nd year remaining mp are about 60% am i eligible for b.arch
26th June 2013, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

sir, i passed my HSC from commerce side,
can i get admission in b.arch...
8th July 2013, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

B.tech is better or b.Arch in placement area?
22nd September 2013, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

can i study b-arh after bsc in computerscience..?
31st May 2014, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

I have passed NATA with good marks and I have passed 12th(PCM) with NIOS NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OPEN SCHOOLING(under MHRD, Govt. of India,Noida) can this NIOS 12th certificate is eligible for B.Arch? Please help me.
14th April 2015, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have passed HS in Commerce with Accountancy, Business study , Costing & taxation. can i join B.Arch??
25th June 2015, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Can i get admission after completing diploma.for B.Arch. it is possible to take admission in direct 2 nd year
1st July 2015, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

I have got overall 58. 6% marks in pcm in class 12 and 114 scored in barch
Which govt. Colleg I will get for barch
3rd July 2015, 12:55 AM
best premmm
Junior Member+

Quote:
I have got overall 58. 6% marks in pcm in class 12 and 114 scored in barch
Which govt. Colleg I will get for barch
Hello

list of some government colleges for b.arch :

# Chandigarh College of Architecture

# Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur

# University Visveswariah College of Engineering ,
Banglore

# The Integral University, kursi road, lucknow

# Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, kottayam

# National Institute of Technology, Raipur

# IES College of Architecture, Mumbai

# Giani Zail Singh College of Engineering & Technology,
Chandigarh

# Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science & Technology, Sonepat

23rd June 2017, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want to do architecture and I want to fill the ojee counselling form. But Sir when I was filling the form there was no option for B.Arch. only B. Tech and B.Plan course is displaying. So should I select the B.tech course and should I proceed or should I wait ?
25th June 2017, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed civil diploma (DCE) with distinction. So can i eligible to B.Arc ? If yes what is the process ?
12th September 2019, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Art side student with maths can appear for B Planning?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?