12th December 2012, 03:29 PM

What are the best ways to become a professor?

how i reach professor life after completion of b .tech from cse

12th January 2013, 04:49 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the best ways to become a professor?

Masters degree is required to get in to the role of Professor. So you need to complete M.Tech/M.E course as the very first step. The degree will help you to find a lecturer position in private colleges. NET qualification is necessary to join as Asst Professor in government colleges. One needs to have at least 55% marks in PG to attend NET exam.
14th January 2013, 04:04 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What are the best ways to become a professor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
how i reach professor life after completion of b .tech from cse
Hi

The best ways to become a professor is not that easy as you cannot become a good professor until you have a very good and commanding knowledge of your subject for which you want to apply for the professorship. If you wish to become a professor, then there are certain points that you need to note and satisfy.

Firstly a minimum graduate in ANY stream from a recognized college or university with 60% and above marks. This is the minimum criteria I am talking about and so the better grades and aggregate you have the better professor would you become.

Secondly your age should be more than 21 years and less than 35 years. No government education institution can take entries of more than 35 years of age. So you have to apply within that.

After that there is the exam NET - National Eligibility Test in which you have to apply for your subject. This is for the UGC grant that you would get with it you would be eligible to teach in any appropriate educational institution. So this exam you have to sit for. You should be a complete graduate for taking that up. Also final year students may apply.

To know more about the NET Exam, CLICK HERE !!!

Please note that this is the best way to become a professor and still there are other ways as well. If you are a graduate and want a teaching job, then you can personally approach schools and colleges and then apply for jobs there. There are many times that vacancies are there to be filled and so you can always look for them. But mind it that you won't have any proper certification of being a professor and so you may not be allowed in many reputed colleges.

Hope this helps
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?