4th June 2012, 12:30 AM
Yudhimanyu

What can I do to appear for CPT exam? I have just completed 1st year of B.Com and also give the paper of 2nd year

I have just completed 1st year of b.com and also give the papars of 2nd year.so what i can do for exam of cpt.

4th June 2012, 07:12 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do to appear for CPT exam? I have just completed 1st year of B.Com and also give the paper of 2nd year

You can enroll before 1st October if you want to appear for the next exam scheduled in December. The fees for registering for this level is Rs 6000. Along with form and DD you will have to send in attested copy of 12th mark sheet, proof of your age. On clearing the CPT level you can enroll for the IPCC level. Along with it you can pursue Articleship training.
4th June 2012, 03:18 PM
epson

Default Re: What can I do to appear for CPT exam? I have just completed 1st year of B.Com and also give the paper of 2nd year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yudhimanyu View Post
I have just completed 1st year of b.com and also give the papars of 2nd year.so what i can do for exam of cpt.
the exam you are talking about is "CA CPT - ICAI Chartered Accountant Common Proficiency Test"

CA is an abbreviation of Chartered Accountant. ICAI is also known as the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India

Eligibility for CA Entrance Exams

1. The aspiring candidate for a CA exam should have cleared the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2). Students waiting for (10+2) results can also apply.

2. Students can join a CA program after (10+2) or graduation. There is no restriction in terms of age or percentage secured in (10+2).

Admission Process and CA Entrance Exam Pattern

1. CPT – Common Proficiency Test is the most important examination to be cleared by the candidates in order to enter the area of chartered accountancy.

2. Common proficiency test is conducted 2 times in a year in the months of June and December.

3. CPT includes 4 subject tests that the candidate is required to clear. The subjects are as follows:

A: Accounting
B: Mercantile Laws
C: General Economics
D: Quantitative Aptitude Test

4. CPT is a 2 hours exam and is divided into 2 sessions each. CPT is an objective type 200 marks exam with negative marking for wrong answers.

5. The CPT examination requires the candidate to secure 50% marks for qualifying.
4th June 2012, 04:01 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

It is better if you complete your graduation and than apply in chartered accountancy course as in this way you need not to clear the CPT level of chartered accountancy.

B.com student who have scored 50% marks in his graduation can apply in IInd level (IPCC) of chartered accountancy course .

you have almost complete your IInd Year after completion of IIIrd year with at least 50% marks (aggregate ) you are eligible to apply in IPCC level.

After completion of B.com you can register online or though written form available in it's centers.

Information about the centers are available in it's official website.

12th passed candidate is eligible to apply for CPT level.

There are three stages in CA that need to be completed in order to become CA.

Common Proficiency Test(CPT)
IPCC ( 2 GROUPS)
Final examination

Subjects (IPCE)

Accounting
Law, Ethics and Communication
Cost Accounting and Financial Management
Taxation
Advanced Accounting
Auditing and Assurance
Information Technology and Strategic Management

Duration of Chartered Accountancy course for graduates - 2.5 YEARS minimum.

Fee of Chartered Accountancy course - 40000/-.

for more info Official website of CA

www.icai.org
24th June 2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

What can i do to appear for CPT exam? I 'm in 12th class.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?