28th April 2015, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

What can I do to become an Astronaut?

Hello sir/ma'am
My name is Aman Gupta. I'm student of class 11th and I'm Indian.My wish is to be an astronaut...what can I dofor it...which exam i held..........Please help me.........

28th April 2015, 06:30 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: What can I do to become an Astronaut?

If you are thinking of astronaut, then our target should be to get in ISRO.
After intermediate, there is an Exam that is conducted by ISRO. You can prepare for that if you are interested for ISRO. Its really difficult to crack that(difficult than JEE) as the competition is cut throat but if you have the passion then you wont be stopped by anything.

If that chance is missed then, you can pursue engineering or B.SC and after that also there are various entries that ISRO offers on regular basis. So, you can plan for that also. Apart from ISRO, there are also research organisations like DRDO which also take engineering graduates after their b.tech. Though, it mainly deals as a R&D department for army but for a research person it can also be a good opportunity.

So, I would advise you to consider all your cards before playing a move.
28th April 2015, 06:34 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: What can I do to become an Astronaut?

If you are thinking of astronaut, then our target should be to get in ISRO.
After intermediate, there is an Exam that is conducted by ISRO. You can prepare for that if you are interested for ISRO. Its really difficult to crack that(difficult than JEE) as the competition is cut throat but if you have the passion then you wont be stopped by anything.

If that chance is missed then, you can pursue engineering or B.SC and after that also there are various entries that ISRO offers on regular basis. So, you can plan for that also. Apart from ISRO, there are also research organisations like DRDO which also take engineering graduates after their b.tech. Though, it mainly deals as a R&D department for army but for a research person it can also be a good opportunity.

So, I would advise you to consider all your cards before playing a move.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?