4th January 2010, 07:16 PM
Biswajit56

What to choose between MBA and MCA?

Respected Sir,
I am a Bca Student...
I am little bit confuse will carrer to choose .. to go for MBA or MCA.. or if i go MBA it will right to Take MBA (IT)....or other...
sir plz reply my mail as soon as possible

3rd July 2011, 12:27 AM
ranasachin37

Default Re: What to choose between MBA and MCA?

If you are a bca student & you love your course.it means that you have a interest in your branch,,if it is yes then i would suggest you to do mca.otherwise,go for mba,if you have a good communication skill,with that tou have an interset in i.t then go for mba(it).........thank you!
3rd July 2011, 02:05 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Well it's a common confusion among students like you.

What after BCA? It's a very curious question and is of utmost importance for once career.

However, being a BCA graduate students find there ultimate goal in pursuing MCA, a course which better suites them. While many opt for MBA also. The most influencing factor among them on which the whole decision depends is what are your needs and expectations.

Those who opt for MCA have a general mentality that being a BCA graduate non-other then MCA is better for them. MCA suites there needs and expectations, what actually they want to achieve or what type of career they are expecting.

Like - I am a BCA graduate but having no good expectations from this tough and highly competitive job marketing, I decided to opt for MCA keeping in mind that it will not only enhance my career prospect in the IT sector but also give to opportunity to work in a challenging environment or my dream job like- Software Tester, Security Expert/Admin etc.

Similarly those who want to opt for MBA after BCA also have same common mentality, but with different ambition.

Like- I am a BCA graduate but having no good expectations from this tough and highly competitive job marketing, I decided to opt for MBA with any specialization say - IT, System, Marketing etc. keeping in mind that it will not only enhance my career prospect in the IT sector but also give to opportunity to work in a challenging enviroment or my dream job or I don't want to explore my career in technical side but managerial or executive side.

So, the thing I want to say is that various factors are responsible for that like- your background, which level of expertise you are having in your work, what type of job you are expecting, how much want to gain etc. And all these factor can only better judged by yourself.

Both the courses are good enough and having there own value. But your own talent and abilities matters first.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
3rd July 2011, 02:26 AM
naveen7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biswajit56 View Post
Respected Sir,
I am a Bca Student...
I am little bit confuse will carrer to choose .. to go for MBA or MCA.. or if i go MBA it will right to Take MBA (IT)....or other...
Well sir all i can say is this all should be your decision as both are good courses and master degrees and both are of 2year courses but sir when you do mca you to prefer ampile also means 3 year and then a professional job and may be a professors job but when you prefer mba with (it) means a bigger value and big post so i recommend you to do mba. And very best to you because its a life changing decision so don't be confused hope for best.
3rd July 2011, 08:32 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

As you have completed Bachelor of Computer Application course,so you have some knowledge in computer application.So i suggest you to go for Master Business Administration course,in this course you can learn management skill.It helps in your personal life as well in Business,if you wish to start any Business.
3rd July 2011, 09:19 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Smile Re: What to choose between MBA and MCA?

That is based on your mind setup and the field you wish to be .If you wish to continue in software field you can choose MCA doing this makes you well established in the field. many companies are demanding these people .On the other hand doing MBA makes you well established in the administration field. demand is more in this field as many companies prefer people with administration background.If you ask me i will tell you to do MBA .all the best
3rd July 2011, 12:02 PM
raja badam

If you want to earn more money better optio for you is MCA is good.

You have to do MCA from National colleges.

How to earn money through MCA.It is very easy but you have to pay concentration..

You are a BCA student so at least you have knowledge on your Syllabus or programs.

so you go for MCA and learn programs as well as web designing and you start an Institute or Website and get more money.
other wise you have to start a Software company also.If you have good knowledge in programming you earn so much of money other wise you will get a good job.

If you have to go MBA it is some thing difficult because you are BCA student .you do not have idea an accounts etc.

If you Start Business you invest so much of money.

Through system you invest little much amount and earn more money.

All the best for you.
3rd July 2011, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

mba
3rd July 2011, 09:54 PM

hi...................
depends on ur interest..........
suppose interested in management profession then mba,if in software then mca.
so,consider ur liking,interest.......
9th July 2011, 11:29 PM

Default choose mca

choose mca you hav a bright feature. .
24th July 2011, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

now i m a mca student,it will good to do an cyber law with mca what is the scope of mca cyber law
please reply
16th January 2013, 02:32 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Wink Re: What to choose between MBA and MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biswajit56 View Post
Respected Sir,
I am a Bca Student...
Well it's a common confusion among students like you.

What after BCA? It's a very curious question and is of utmost importance for once career.

However, being a BCA graduate students find there ultimate goal in pursuing MCA, a course which better suites them. While many opt for MBA also. The most influencing factor among them on which the whole decision depends is what are your needs and expectations.

Those who opt for MCA have a general mentality that being a BCA graduate non-other then MCA is better for them. MCA suites there needs and expectations, what actually they want to achieve or what type of career they are expecting.

Like - I am a BCA graduate but having no good expectations from this tough and highly competitive job marketing, I decided to opt for MCA keeping in mind that it will not only enhance my career prospect in the IT sector but also give to opportunity to work in a challenging environment or my dream job like- Software Tester, Security Expert/Admin etc.

Similarly those who want to opt for MBA after BCA also have same common mentality, but with different ambition.

Like- I am a BCA graduate but having no good expectations from this tough and highly competitive job marketing, I decided to opt for MBA with any specialization say - IT, System, Marketing etc. keeping in mind that it will not only enhance my career prospect in the IT sector but also give to opportunity to work in a challenging enviroment or my dream job or I don't want to explore my career in technical side but managerial or executive side.

So, the thing I want to say is that various factors are responsible for that like- your background, which level of expertise you are having in your work, what type of job you are expecting, how much want to gain etc. And all these factor can only better judged by yourself.

Both the courses are good enough and having there own value. But your own talent and abilities matters first.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?