7th August 2012, 02:10 AM
MD. IMTIYAZ ALAM

What is computer science?

what is computer science??????...please tell me what does this course include?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Master's Degree in Computer Science after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  2. Information about B.Ed computer science in INGOU?
  3. How B.Sc Computer Science is differ from B.Tech Computer Science Engineering?
  4. Difference between computer science and computer science and engineering? Which one has a better scope?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for Diploma in Computer Science if having 2 years of work experience being a 10th passed candidate?
  6. Am I eligible for doing MS in computer science after doing BSc computer science? How can I apply for both regular and correspondence course?
  7. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  8. Can I do MSc Computer Science in private after graduating in computer science?
  9. Courses/fields available after BSc computer science? If I had Maths, Physics and Computer Science subjects then am I eligible for it?
  10. Can I join M.E computer science while graduating in B.E computer science?
  11. Is it possible to study B.Ed in Computer Science after completing M.Sc in Computer Science? -- [New]
  12. How to get into research side with MSc Physics?
  13. Are Computer Science students allowed to sit for NET exam?
  14. Books to prepare for NTPC, BHEL, SAIL? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. For which subject I should apply for Ph.D entrance exam if completed M.Sc in Computer Science? Reference books for preparation?
  16. Best PG courses available after completion of BSc computers?
  17. B.E., B.Sc, BCA or Diploma which is better to study Computer Science for 2nd PUC student?
  18. MCA or M.Sc(Computer Science) which is better to study for B.Sc(Computer Science) graduate?
3rd March 2013, 01:17 PM
anithamarychacko
Member+

Default Re: What is computer science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD. IMTIYAZ ALAM View Post
what is computer science??????...please tell me what does this course include?
Computer science is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications. A computer scientist specializes in the theory of computation and the design of computational systems.Some of the CS courses are

Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Computer Science
Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc) in Computer Science
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Bachelor of Mathematics in Computer Science
Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) in Computer Science
Bachelor of Computing in Computer Science
Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Computer Science) - BSE (CS)
Bachelor of Computer Security in Computer Science
Bachelor of Science (BSc or BS) in Computer Science (BSc CS or BSCS or BSc (Comp))
Bachelor of Technology(BTech)in Computer Science

A typical list of standard courses that most Computer Science degrees includes topics such as:

Programming Principles
Programming Paradigms
Algorithms
Data Structures
Logic & Computation
Computer architecture
Theory of computation
Operating Systems
Numerical computation
Compilers
Real-time computing
Distributed system
Computer Networking
Data Communication
Computer graphics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?