27th December 2014, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

For which subject I should apply for Ph.D entrance exam if completed M.Sc in Computer Science? Reference books for preparation?

I have completed M.Sc in computer science after BCS( bachelor of computer science). i wanna do p.hD in computer science please guide me which topic should i select and for phd entrance which book should i refer. i am working as a software engineer in a IT company.

Related Questions:
  1. PhD Computer Science reference books for entrance exam of Osmania University?
  2. Which books are useful for preparation for NET SET exam for computer science?
  3. Reference books for preparation of UGC-NET for Computer Science stream
  4. Do I need to be GATE qualified to apply for PhD(Computer Science) entrance test of Anna University?
  5. Syllabus for phd Computer Science and Engineering entrance exam of pondicherry university
  6. Can I do PhD in Computer Science having 62% marks?
  7. List of colleges for doing M.Sc. and M.Phil. in computer science? Can I do Ph.D. just after B.Sc. in computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Syllabus and reference books for NID entrance exam?
  9. PhD in Computer Science after 8 years of M.Sc? Procedure and other details?
  10. Date of Ph.D entrance exam? What is the pattern of the same?
  11. When the entrance exam of Ph.D in Computer Science and Operational Research will be held?
  12. Reference books of Entomology for preparation of ICAR Ph.D entrance exam?
  13. How can I appear for IPS exam? I have completed 12th science
  14. Am I eligible to takeup UGC NET exam in computer science? I have completed MSc in computer science
  15. Universities of B.Ed in Mumbai? What is the fee structure? I have completed MSc in Computer Science
  16. Will I be eligible for Osmania Ph.D Test after completing MSc Computer Science?
  17. Study Material to prepare for UGC NET Exam in Computer Science and Maths? List of Reference Books to prepare for these subjects?
  18. Choice of subject to apply in UPSC exam for B.Sc(Computer Technology) student? Reference books for preparation?
2nd January 2015, 12:42 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For which subject I should apply for Ph.D entrance exam if completed M.Sc in Computer Science? Reference books for preparation?

You can apply for Ph.D in Computer Science only because you have a Master's Degree in Computer Science. Just make sure that you have got at least 55% marks in your M.Sc degree from a recognized University. If you are from a reserved category then you can get 5% relaxation in marks.

Admission in top Universities for a Ph.D program is mainly based on the NET/SLET score. If you have qualified NET/SLET with an excellent score then you are eligible for admission without any entrance exam.

If you don't have NET/SLET score then you will have to appear in Ph.D entrance exam for getting admission. Those who have fellowships or a M.Phil qualification are also eligible for admission without any entrance exam.
2nd January 2015, 04:34 PM
Devdatta Divekar

Default Re: For which subject I should apply for Ph.D entrance exam if completed M.Sc in Computer Science? Reference books for preparation?

Here's the list of books to refer for Phd in computer science:

Helping Doctoral Students to write by Barbara Kamler and Pat Thomson
The unwritten rules of PhD research by Marian Petre and Gordon Rugg
How to write a better thesis by Paul Gruba and David Evans
The craft of Research by Wayne Booth, Greg Colomb and Joseph Williams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?