20th June 2012, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

What are the courses available in Astrophysics in B.Tech? Scope in India and Foreign for research?

what are the courses available in astrophysics in b.tech? what are its scope in India and foreign for research and earning livelihood?please list some of the good universities specially in India?

Related Questions:
  1. Scope of Astrophysics in India? Names of the institutes which offer master program in Space Program research opportunities?
  2. Scope in the Astrophysics course? Best colleges offering the course? Fee structure and the eligibility criteria?
  3. Colleges for higher education in Astrophysics? Courses other than master degree which can take me to research field?
  4. What type of facilities are available in GATE and PGCET? Difference between them? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What shall I do after completion of B.Sc in Physics?
  6. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available(In India and abroad) for Biotech students?
  7. What is the scope of Astrophysics course? What are the different entrance exams? Are there any coaching centers in Hyderabad, AP to train the students for these examinations
  8. Colleges which provides Higher Education in Astrophysics? Course other than Master degree to get into research field?
  9. Can I study M.Sc in Astrophysics if pursue B.Sc in Physics?
  10. What is the scope in research and development department of different electronic companies(Foreign)? Should I do higher studies for that?
  11. How to pursue research in Astronomy and Astrophysics after doing B.Tech in information technology? -- [New]
  12. Can a BSc graduate go for MSc in Astrophysics and related courses
  13. Is there any scope in MSc in India? I have completed BSc Chemistry
  14. What should i do after my 12th with maths and biology stream? I have interest in astronomy
  15. Any colleges in India, America, Canada, Australia, Singapore offering B.Tech Astrophysics?
  16. List of foreign universities which offer M.Sc and Research program?
  17. Research Centers which offer Summer Internship to M.Sc(Astrophysics) 1st year student in India?
  18. List of universities which offer PhD in Astrophysics in India
5th October 2018, 11:02 AM
srkallinone

Default Re: What are the courses available in Astrophysics in B.Tech? Scope in India and Foreign for research?

Graduate Level Astrophysics Courses
- B.E/B.Tech (Astrophysics)
- B.Sc (Astrophysics)

You can also pursue higher studies in M.Sc or M.Tech and then Ph.D to become an Astronomer or enter in research fields.

Specializations In Astrophysics
- Thermodynamics
- Electromagnetism
- Waves
- Optics
- Modern Physics
- Newtonian Dynamics
- Atomic, Nuclear and Quantum Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Relativity
- Fluid Mechanics

Top Institutions For Astrophysics In India
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
- Inter-University Centre For Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune
- National Centre For Radio Astrophysics, Pune
- Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai
- Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad
- International Centre For Theoretical Sciences, Bangalore
- Indira Gandhi Centre For Atomic Research Centre, Kalpakkam
- Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
- Raman Research Institute, Bangalore
- Satyendra Nath Bose Centre For Basic Science, Kolkata
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal/Kolkata/Mohali/Pune/Thiruvananthapuram

Scope In Astrophysics
After completion of course in Astrophysics, You may have job opportunities in government, public and private organizations in India as well as Abroad. You can find the employment in various sectors such as Space Organizations, Laboratories, Space Research Centres, Universities etc.

Recruiting Organizations
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
- Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)
- Association of Bangalore Amateur Astronomers (ABAA)
- Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
- Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Inter-University Centre For Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?