2nd June 2015, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

How to pursue research in Astronomy and Astrophysics after doing B.Tech in information technology?

hi,
i am currently doing my b.tech(branch it) and i want to do research in astrophysics,I just want to know what course should i take up at the post graduation level.Many universities are offering post graduation courses in this field but only for candidates with B.tech in electrical or electronics.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to pursue Astrophysics or Astronomy course in IUCAA or IIA Bangalore at the age of 30? What would be the options available in the research field?
  2. Best colleges in India offering MSc in Space Physics?
  3. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class?
  4. List of top colleges in India offering Post Graduation course in Cosmology?
  5. Courses and institutes for becoming an astrophysicist/theoretical physicist? Best institutes offering the course? Is it necessary to be on the merit list of IIT JEE/AIEEE?
  6. Which are the colleges offering Aeronautical Engineering courses on the basis of AIEEE exam?
  7. How to become an astrochemist? Which are the institutes?
  8. How to become an Astronaut? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Summer internship at IISC, Bangalore for student of M.Sc-Ph.D in Energy Science? any project related to Energy (solar) applications? Other institutes?
  10. Eligibility to study B.Sc(Astronomy & Astrophysics) for 12th passed candidate?
  11. How to be an astronaut after 12th commerce with Maths?
  12. What exactly people do in In-Plant training? Training period and division identification?
  13. How can I become an astronaut after completing computer science?
  14. Which is more preferable for doing PhD in astronomy and astrophysics, either B.Sc(physics hons) or B.Sc(physical science)?
  15. What course should I take in my 11th standard to become an Astronaut?
  16. Can I study M.Sc in Astrophysics if pursue B.Sc in Physics?
  17. What is the next step to become an Astronaut after passing 10th?
  18. Stream to choose in 11th standard for becoming an Astronaut?
5th June 2015, 01:18 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: How to pursue research in Astronomy and Astrophysics after doing B.Tech in information technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,
i am currently doing my b.tech(branch it) and i want to do research in astrophysics,I just want to know what course should i take up at the post graduation level.Many universities are offering post graduation courses in this field but only for candidates with B.tech in electrical or electronics.
Sorry to say that you are not eligible for M.Sc Astronomy or Astrophysics course after competing B.Tech Information Technology. Applicants who want to get admission in M.Sc Astronomy or Astrophysics, must have studied Physics as a Main subject in 12th standard and Graduation as well. So, being a B.Tech Information Technology student, you are ineligible for M.Sc Astronomy or Astrophysics Program. However, please don't lose your confident. I suggest you to continue your studies in the field of the Information Technology, which is having good scope in both the Government and Private sectors as well. After completing B.Tech, IT, you can apply for the Master Degree courses such as,

• M.Tech Information Technology
  • M.Sc Information Technology
  • M.E Information Technology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?