11th April 2015, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

What to do for admission in IIST?

Respected sir / mam
I am in 11th Science, i wanted to take a addmission in IIST what do i have to do ?

12th April 2015, 07:24 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do for admission in IIST?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir / mam
I am in 11th Science, i wanted to take a addmission in IIST what do i have to do ?
IIST (Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology) and to apply for the undergraduate programmes of IIST, you must have completed your Intermediate examination at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM). Those who belong to SC/ST/PD Category scored least 60% marks in PCM subjects in the qualifying examination.

IIST offers various courses and the admission to the undergraduate will be on the basis of JEE Examination. After completing 10+2 examination you can apply for any one of the courses.

~~ 4 Year B.Tech. ( Aerospace Engineering )
~~ 4 Year B.Tech. ( Avionics )
~~ 5 Year Dual Degree (B.Tech. + M.S./M.Tech.)

The IIST Application form will be available in June 2015. The admission will be based on JEE Advanced marks, IIST publish the cut off marks in June 2015 after completing JEE Advanced paper. If you have scored good marks, then your chances to get admission in IIST will be high.

If your aim is to Join IIST, then please complete your Intermediate (12th) examination first with at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM). To join B.Tech. Programmes in IIST, you must appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.

If you crack the JEE Main examination, then you are eligible for JEE Advanced examination, you have to score minimum score mentioned by the IIST mentioned below:

~~ For General Candidates: You have to score at least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).

~~ For OBC Non Creamy Layer Candidates: Score atleast 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).

~~ For SC/ST/PD Candidates: Score at least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).

It means you have to score 6 marks in each one of the subjects individually with 72 marks as aggregate (If you belong to general category).

Now you are appearing your 11th examination, first complete your intermediate examination first and then you are eligible for JEE Examination, After clear JEE Examination you are eligible for admission in IIST. For more details please check the official website of IIST.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?