28th September 2014, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

How can I join IIST?

DEAR SIR,
I AM COMPLETED IN DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING 75%. How can I join IIST?(INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SPACE&TECHNOLOGY)-

29th September 2014, 08:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join IIST?

Sorry, to say that you cannot join in IIST after completion of Diploma course. To get admission in the IIST, you need to appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and you must qualify it to be eligible to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) conducted by IITs and you need to secure the minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE (Advanced) as given below:-

(a) General Candidates (GEN) :- At least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics Chemistry and Mathematics).
(b) Other Backward Community (OBC) – Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) Candidates :- At least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics Chemistry and Mathematics).
(c) Scheduled Caste(SC), Scheduled Tribe(ST) & Persons with Disabilities(PD) Candidates :- At least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics Chemistry and Mathematics).

-->Eligibility for B.Tech Admission in IIST :-
1.You must be a citizen of India.

2.Age Limit :- General-25 years, OBC/SC/ST-30 years.

3.You must have have passed the Qualifying Examination, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of the curriculum. The candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories must secure an aggregate of at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in the qualifying examination and those belonging to SC/ST/PD should have an aggregate of at least 60% marks in PCM subjects in the qualifying examination.
30th September 2014, 12:21 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Admission in Indian Institute of Space Technology is based on JEE Main and Advanced. Hence, one must have passed 10+2 with physics, chemistry and maths with at least 50% to become eligible for JEE.

As far as Diploma candidates is concerned, there is no lateral entry for Diploma candidates through JEE Main and Advanced. That means you are not eligible for JEE Main and Advanced.

IIST don't offer lateral entry admission and you are surely not eligible for B.Tech from IIST as your stream is mechanical engineering.

You should look for other options like LEET to get admission in a top college for B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.

For more information visit IIST
30th September 2014, 12:14 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

There are two ways to join IIST. One for graduation and the other for post graduation and research. Since you have done your diploma so you are eligible for graduation course in IIST. Previously they used to take admission on the basis of performance in the ISAT entrance exam conducted by IIST. But now, the students are taken on the basis of JEE marks which is conducted by CBSE. Since you are diploma candidate, so you can get admission only if you have done 10+2 before your diploma course. This is because as per AICTE rules, if a diploma level candidate wishes to be admitted to first year of 4-year degree Engineering/Pharmacy or 5-year Architecture programme, then he is eligible only on the basis of class 12 Certificate. IIST has no provision of lateral entry so admission can be taken only in the first year of the course. Hence you need to update your class 12th information on the JEE website http://jeemain.nic.in through link "Confirmation of class 12th/Qualifying Examination Details" by selecting Board, Year of passing and Roll No. while filling form.

For details concerning IIST undergraduate admission, click here.
16th September 2018, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in second year diploma in mechanical engineering can I give ICAT exam to take admission in iist college
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?