21st April 2019, 02:58 PM
Suganyasrinivasan

What to do after completing M.Sc. to be a Lecturer?

I have completed M.Sc. Medical Biochemistry. What should I do to take Lectureship as my profession? Is my M.Sc enough or do I need to study for any further qualification?

29th April 2019, 10:29 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do after completing M.Sc. to be a Lecturer?

You have to appear and qualify in NET or SET examination for final selection.

The required minimum qualification is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate.

There is no age limit to appear for the examination. After qualifying in the entrance examination you will become eligible for recruitment as lecturer in college.
29th April 2019, 11:01 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For selection as lecturer candidates have to appear and qualify in the NET or SET examination.

It is conducted by UGC. The required minimum qualification is that candidate must have scored minimum 55% aggregate in master degree. There is no age limit to appear for the examination.

Only after qualifying in the examination. you will become eligible for selection.
30th April 2019, 09:04 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Master's degree in science is minimum academic qualification required to apply for post of Lectureship. M.Sc post graduates can apply for CSIR NET examination. The academic qualification is master's degree with minimum of 55% marks in it.

If you have required percentage of marks then you can apply for CSIR NET examination. There is no upper age limit for post of Lectureship.
30th April 2019, 01:33 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become lecturer by profession, you can appear for the NET and SET examination.

To appear for the examination the required qualification is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate.

There is no upper age limit to appear in the examination for recruitment as lecturer.

To get more information about the examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
30th April 2019, 04:52 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Master degree is the required qualification to appear for the NET.

Candidates after qualifying in the NET will become eligible to appear for the lecturer recruitment examination.

The minimum required aggregate to appear for the examination is 55% in master degree.

So, if you have the required qualification then you are eligible to appear for the examination.
30th April 2019, 07:59 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Science stream candidates need to apply for Council of Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test for Lectureship.

Eligibility:

1. You need to have master's degree in science from a recognized university.

2. Minimum of 55% marks.

3. There is no upper age limit for lectureship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?