19th December 2018, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

What is the educational requirements to apply for IPS or UPSC exams?

I have done Diploma in Chemical engineering and B.Tech in Chemical engineering I'm 30 years old. Can I apply for IPS or UPSC exams? How many attempts will be allowed for UPSC or IPS exam?

23rd December 2018, 11:20 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the educational requirements to apply for IPS or UPSC exams?

First thing I would like to let you know that the name UPSC examination is generally used to refer the Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year for recruitment of administrative officers such as IPS, IAS, IFS, IRS, etc. .

The minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor degree are also eligible to apply for the same examination.

Also, the age limit to apply for the same examination is 21 years to 32 years in case of general category candidates which is relaxable in case of reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

Further, the maximum attempt allowed for appearing in the same examination is 6 in case of general category candidates while it is 9 in case of OBC category candidates. There is no limit on attempts for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.

For more details associated to the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd December 2018, 10:21 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the educational requirements to apply for IPS or UPSC exams?

The full form of IPS is Indian Police Services.

Union Public Service Commission is the examination conducting body for Civil Services examination.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. B.Tech in chemical engineering candidates can also apply for exam.

2. The age limit is 21-32 years. There is upper age relaxation of three years for OBC and five years for SC/ST candidates.

There are six attempts for open candidates, nine for OBC and no limit till upper age limit for SC/ST candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?