15th January 2013, 10:18 PM
muthukumar ias

What is the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I am a 12th passed student

dear sir,
without passed 12th standard before degree is it eligibility for ias exams.

16th January 2013, 10:15 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I am a 12th passed student

IAS - Indian Administrative Service, to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

Eligibility of IAS, Civil Service Exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National.
-Should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

As you are a 12th passed student, you have to wait till you complete Graduation Degree to apply for Civil Service Exam but you can start preparation for IAS along with the under Graduate studies.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th January 2013, 12:18 PM
siddharthawasthi

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I am a 12th passed student

hiiii.
i dont know how you get your degree.there are a lots of way to get graduate without passing 10+2 exam.so i hope your is one of them and fare,
the eligibility for the IAS examination is graduation from any UGC recognised university.
doesn't matter the previous things how they come but make sure that all comes in fare means..
you are a graduate an d eligible fo the IAS exam..so you can apply..go a head,
goodluck.
16th January 2013, 12:21 PM
siddharthawasthi

hiiii.
i dont know how you get your degree.there are a lots of way to get graduate without passing 10+2 exam.so i hope your is one of them and fare,
the eligibility for the IAS examination is graduation from any UGC recognised university.
doesn't matter the previous things how they come but make sure that all comes in fare means..
you are a graduate an d eligible fo the IAS exam..so you can apply..go a head,
goodluck.
16th January 2013, 12:26 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (IAS)

Sir.
You want to join the INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE (IAS), through civil service examination,. This civil service examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC).
Through this civil service examination, one can apply for the INDIAN POLICE SERVICES (IPS), INDIAN FOREIGN SERVICES (IFS) ,INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (IAS), IRS (INDIAN REVENUE SERVICE) and numerous other services depending on the basis of his rank, caliber , skill-set and interest area in the civil service examination

The minimum educational requirements for this examination is a graduation degree from a recognized college, whatever may be the stream is..These exams are extremely competitive and need rigorous hard work and efforts from the side of candidates. It’s a highly prestigious and secure job.Diploma holders are not eligible for the civil services examinations.

This civil service examination has three level-

1. CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST (CSAT)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW.

CIVIL SERVICES EXAMS PATTERN-

CSAT EXAM PATTERN & SYLLABUS --

OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN CSAT-

Age limit-

21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates,..

No. of attempts-

4 for the GENERAL candidates,
7 for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates..

You must have Indian nationality.

For more information- www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you!!!!
~gamble~
16th January 2013, 05:11 PM
incredible_22
Junior Member+

If you have not passed 12th standard, then you are not eligible for appearing in IAS exams. For appearing in IAS exam, you need to have a bachelor's degree from a UGC recognized university. Final year students can also apply for these exams.

The eligibility criteria for appearing in IAS exams can be summed up as follows:

-> You need to have an age of 21-30 yrs on 1st August of the year in which you are appearing for the exam( age relaxation for SC/ST as well as OBCs are as per norms)

-> The appearing candidate should be Indian citizen

-> You need to have a graduate degree ( or a course completion certificate from the college for final year students) with atleast one of the following subjects : Physics, mathematics, chemistry, botany, geology, statistics, animal husbandry, veterinary, and zoology, or a Bachelor's degree in agriculture, forestry, or in engineering , or an equivalent qualification

-> Minimum of 50% marks is required in graduation degree.
16th January 2013, 07:55 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What is the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I am a 12th passed student

Quote:
Originally Posted by muthukumar ias View Post
dear sir,

Eligiblity Criteria For IAS

Selection of the Indian Administrative Officers(IAS) is done through the Civil Service Exams which is conducted every year by the UPSC..

A candidate can appear for the Civil Services Exam if :-

>> Candidate has completed graduation in any stream from a recognized institute..

>> Candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if general..3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates and 5 years and 10 years for SC/ST and PWD candidates respectively..

>> General candidates can appear a maximum of 4 times, OBC can appear 7 times and no limit for SC/ST/PWD candidates..

You first need to complete your graduation..till then you wont be eligible to appear for the Civil Service Exam

Candidates need to clear 2 rounds in the written exam :-

>> Prelims which has 2 objective papers based on aptitude and general awareness..

>> Mains which will test your graduation and English knowledge based on 9 subjective papers..

After you clear the Mains..you will be called for the final interview..

I have also attached the paper pattern of the Mains and the syllabus for the Prelims or CSAT..

Go through it and I hope they will help you out in your preparations..

You can also visit http://upsc.gov.in for more details..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS Optional Subjects.docx(14.7 KB, 96 views)
File Type: doc IAS-Prelims-Paper-I-Solved-2011.doc(86.0 KB, 87 views)
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 71 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 75 views)
16th January 2013, 11:15 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear sir,
HI!
I am sorry to say that without passing 12th you are not eligible for Graduation,

After passing 12th you will go for Graduation Course.
After passing graduation you will be eligible for Civil Services exam.

Civil Services exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

It conducted for various Post like:-
> Indian Administrative Services
> Indian Police Services
> Indian Foreign Services
> Indian Postal Services
> Indian Revenue Services

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

In I.A.S exam there are three stage Of selection:-
> PRELIMS EXAM
> MAINS EXAM
> INTERVIEW
> MEDICAL EXAM(FOR I.P.S)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
17th January 2013, 02:27 PM
babanpreet

The eligibility criteria for IAS exam is graduation in any stream..For IAS,you have to appear Civil Services exam

Civil Services exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

As you have done 12th till now,so you have to pursue your studies further to be eligible for IAS
18th January 2013, 01:02 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Wink Re: What is the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I am a 12th passed student

Quote:
dear sir,
IAS - Indian Administrative Service, to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

-Should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

As you are a 12th passed student, you have to wait till you complete Graduation Degree to apply for Civil Service Exam but you can start preparation for IAS along with the under Graduate studies.

19th January 2013, 05:36 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

IAS is a civil service. UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts the civil services examination every year.

The eligibility criteria required for the civil services examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* No. of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no lomits for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
20th January 2013, 02:02 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

[B]
[I]Dear Friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

IAS examination is a civil service examination, which is conducted every year by UPSC.

The educational qualification regarding with IAS examination are below mentioned:-

* Graduation in any discipline from a recognised college/university.

* Age criteria- 21-30 years.

* Nationality- Indian.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs(OBC) and 5 yrs(SC/ST).

* No. of attempts- 4(General), 7(OBC), and no attempts(SC/ST).

Thanks.

20th January 2013, 02:29 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: What is the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I am a 12th passed student

Quote:
dear sir,
Dear There,

Image: http://www.udaipurblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/IAS-Logo.jpg

IAS is a civil service. UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts the civil services examination every year.

_The eligibility criteria required for the civil services examination are prescribed as below:-_

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Nationality- Indian.
20th January 2013, 02:59 PM
ashalwaysss

27th February 2013, 04:13 PM
narendra B.

Exclamation Re: What is the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I am a 12th passed student

Quote:
dear sir,

27th February 2013, 05:36 PM
KRTHKNKRSHNN

Quote:
dear sir,
no,the basic qualification to attend the ias exam is any degree in any discipline.you should have good knowledge about aptitudes and general sciences.it is also a right time choose your area of interested subject for main exams.there are three steps.
preliminary
main,
personal interview
.though u passed in both exams and failed in personel interview,you have to wait one year to attend prelims again.dont worry;;
select your subject like history,law like that.start prepare from now itselfbest of luck
27th February 2013, 08:56 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
For giving the IAS exam, first you need to be a graduate from any stream from a recognized Indian university. There is no specified marks required in the gradution.
your age should be in between 21-30 years in case of general category. A relaxation of 3 and 5 years is given to the obc and sc/st students respectively.
27th February 2013, 09:00 PM
narendra B.

Quote:
dear sir,
Dear There,

Image: http://www.udaipurblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/IAS-Logo.jpg

_The eligibility criteria required for the civil services examination are prescribed as below:-_

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Nationality- Indian.
28th February 2013, 12:17 AM
narendra B.

Quote:
dear sir,
no,the basic qualification to attend the ias exam is any degree in any discipline.you should have good knowledge about aptitudes and general sciences.it is also a right time choose your area of interested subject for main exams.there are three steps.
preliminary
main,
personal interview
.though u passed in both exams and failed in personel interview,you have to wait one year to attend prelims again.dont worry;;
select your subject like history,law like that.start prepare from now itselfbest of luck
18th April 2013, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

how to choose the subjects.
21st May 2013, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

if i choose cs for my engineering will i be able to give ias xam ???
21st May 2013, 02:00 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

With 12 qualification ,you can not apply for IAS exam.

You must have minimum of graduation from a recognized institution.

To become an IAS officer you should have to appear in UPSC exam. It is conducted every year and has three stages: Preliminary, Main and Interview.

Preliminary Exam:
This is the first stage of the selection process. Most of the applicants do not qualify this stage. Approximately 1 out of 50 students can go to the Main examination.
In this examination there are two papers: i)General Studies (300Marks) and ii)an optional subject chosen by you (150 Marks).
This is a multiple choice type examination.

Main Exam:
This exam is much tougher. Here the examinations will be traditional type, no MCQ. You have to appear in these papers:
i) One Indian Language Paper -300 marks ( qualifying )
ii) English – 300 marks ( qualifying )
iii) General Essay-200 marks
iv) Two General Studies papers – 300 + 300
v) Two Optional subjects with two papers each-4x300

List of optional subjects for IAS Main Examination
The list of the optional subjects are as follows:
•Agriculture •Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science •Anthropology •Botany •Chemistry •Civil Engineering •Commerce and Accountancy •Economics •Electrical Engineering •Geography •Geology •History •Law •Management •Mathematics •Mechanical Engineering •Medical Science •Philosophy •Physics •Political Science and International Relations •Psychology •Pubic Administration •Sociology •Statistics •Zoology • One Language and Literature
21st May 2013, 03:26 PM
s m samy
Member+

21st May 2013, 04:56 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
dear sir,
HI!

I am happy to inform you that After passing degree course you are eligible for I.A.S exam.

I.A.S exam is also known as Civil Services exam.

CIVIL SERVICES EXAM

Civil Services exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

QUALIFICATION:-
Pass any graduation course from Recognized university.

AGE LIMIT:-
For General category:- 21-30 year
For O.B.C category:- 21-33 year
For ST/SC Category:- 21-37 year.

There are three stage of selection:-
> Prelims Exam
> Mains Exam
> Interview

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
21st May 2013, 08:40 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

hello friends .............................................

No, that is not possible for IAS exam you must have graduation.

So, you must complete your 12th and graduation.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

This exam is conducted by UPSC.

ELIGIBILITY for IAS:

A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline with atlest 55% from recognised universities.

And Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.

OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.

SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern ;;

Preliminary Exam.

Main Exam.

Interview

All the best
22nd May 2013, 12:51 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

To join the IAS exam you can complete the Graduation from recognized University.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

IAS exam is Civil Service Examination.

Eligibility Criteria:

Nationality:

The applicant must be origin of India.

Education Qualification:

The applicant must complete the Graduation from any recognized University.

There is no min percentage required for this exam.

Final year pursuing candidates are eligible for this exam.

Age Limit:

The candidate min age limit is above 21 years.

The candidate max age limit is below 30 years.

Relaxation:

3 years upper age relaxation for OBC candidates.

5 years upper age relaxation for SC\ST candidates.

10 years upper age relaxation for PWD candidates.

No of Attempts:

4 for General Candidates.

7 for OBC Candidates.

No limit for SC\ST Candidates.

Selection Process:

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

Exam Pattern:

All the best...............
22nd May 2013, 03:33 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IAS Exam (Indian Administrative Exam)

To become IAS officer you need to complete your studies i.e. after 12th,complete Graduation from a recognized university.

Minimum qualification required to appear for IAS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.

It is under Civil Service Exam conducted once in a Year by UPSC.To become an IAS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam.

AGE limit:-
Age must be between 21 to 33 years for General category.
Age must be 21 to 35 for OBC category.
Age must be 21 to 35 for SC/ST category

Official Website:
http://www.upsc.gov.in

13th June 2013, 08:44 PM
enormeda

Hie,
I am doing gradution from open university, due to some financial reason i had a drop back..and i have completed my 14 this year, but simaltioniously i have cleared my 12 this year... so after gradution..will i be eleigible for UPSC EXAMS... plz do reply
30th June 2013, 12:29 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need Graduation from a recognized University for IAS examination. So complete your Graduation and keep your preparation for IAS examination up to date.

Civil Services exam is conducted by UPSC.

Graduation in any discipline can apply for this examination.

Age Limit:

-General category- 21 to 30 years

-OBC category- 21 to 33 years

-ST/SC Category- 21 to 37 years

Selection Criteria:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Interview

General and OBC category get limited attempts for this exam with 4 and 7 attempts respectively.

Those who are from SC/ST category can appear for IAS exam without any limit.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th October 2013, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

i am 20(1.6.1993) now and have not yet compleleted 21 age which is eligible for (bc) ias exam.could i apply for exam in 2014.
24th March 2014, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

i will complete my graduation from a distant education centre.so can i give ias exam after graduation?
6th June 2014, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

I am 12th passed student and belong to a middle class family. How much it will cost to take coaching for preparing IAS exam ?
9th July 2014, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

sir,
I am a 12th passed student .
my marks are as follows :

english = 83
physics= 49
chemestry = 48
pysical edu = 86
information practice = 61

but I have got only 9 marks in mathematics . my maths isn't that much bad but I have to accept the rralitu .

and my result is pass .

so sir,
would I be eligible for the civil services ?
please give me the perfect answer .
11th July 2014, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
I Have completed in Diploma in Mechanical Engineer.
I want written exam to IAS
It's Possible or Not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?